Harbor Beach fishing

I was just wondering if any of you guys spent any amount of time in Harbor Beach. I have to go work there for two weeks and I am bringing the boat. It looks like there's all kinds of rock piles on my map so I assumed mainly Smallmouth but I just wondered if any of you guys had any information. It will be in the middle of August. Any info is greatly appreciated

2. Member
    Fricker Dude where u at?
    Last edited by Brady bass; 07-22-2019 at 07:15 AM.

I read this but have never made it that far down the shore. I just hit the bay for the first time this year on Saturday. We bought a cottage on Sage Lake up by Hale and have been up there most weekends. I have always wanted to fish Harbor Beach just have not checked that off my list yet. From what I am told from an ole timer is, they would troll hot and tots around the walls and catch smallies. This info is very old, but looking at the map several times over the year, I would think fishing around the wall would definitely produce some smallies. If I were you I would be tossing tubes, lipless cranks, dropshots etc. I'm sure you can find them!
    Kyle Frick
    FrickerDude
    Frick-N-Fishin' Baits

4. Member
    I kinda da plan on starting along the harbor and then venturing out a little deeper during the week. I think it should be good... Thanks for the info man. The fishin has been really good in a few of my deep weedbeds on the Saginaw bay. Caught probably 30 or so Sunday worming the weed edges. A few over 4

I went Sunday morning and fished some reefs, it was pretty rough water till about 10:30a. Only caught 2 big sheepheads, one smallie and a large mouth. Then moved up in wildfowl bay and hit reeds and caught one more largemouth. Headed in about 12pm. Good luck and let me know how you do. I will back at sage this weekend and have a week off at end of month and will be back at cabin again. Have fun
    Kyle Frick
    FrickerDude
    Frick-N-Fishin' Baits

6. Member
    Lots of fish, but not many big ones. Lot's of 2lbers, but it's fun. Just find the rock flats with boulders or rock strips, it's endless in either direction. You'll find wolf packs of 3-10 fish.
    -Matt

7. Member
    I would trailer up to grindstone city if it were me.

8. Member
    Grindstone there are also fish in the Harbor itself. Lots of dead water in the lake around harbo beach. Try the rock strips and the 1st break around grindstone.

9. Member
    Thanks for all the Info fellas... I'll give er a whirl

10. Member
    Well last night was the first night I could fish. I caught six or eight smallmouth off the rock Jetty in the harbor. Biggest one was about 3.5 . Of course it was beautiful all day and as soon as I splashed the boat the wind switches from the north and blows 20 LOL. I'm headed to grindstone tonight

Thanks for the update. That how it seems to go for me, nice when I can't fish and windy when I can! Good luck.
    Kyle Frick
    FrickerDude
    Frick-N-Fishin' Baits

12. Member
    It was pretty much a struggle all week the wind was blowing like a bastard pretty much every night and a couple nights I got out to fish the main Lake .I couldn't get on anyting. Caught a few fish every night around the harbor and never found s*** out on the main Lake. It is very vast and everything looks the same to me but at least we give her a shot

At least you got out and caught a few!
    Kyle Frick
    FrickerDude
    Frick-N-Fishin' Baits