Lithium batteries make that big of performance gain?

Changing batteries to lithium make that much difference in boat performance? (Holeshot, top end, lift)
    David Geske
    Boatless Family Man

2. Member
    I think it did in my Z520. I lost about 200 lbs when I switched. I gained a couple MPH on top end and it certainly seems to have more lift. I’ve got a G2 so holeshot is ridiculous anyway.

3. Member
    Forget speed. How about the amount of battery life per day and overall?

4. Member
    I just changed over to a Lithium Pro 36 volt for my TM battery, added a Group 31 Odyssey Extreme for a house battery, and a Northstar Group 24 starting battery, had new electronics installed and my installer literally took out 75 pounds (conservatively) of ole wiring and black boxes that no longer needed to be in the boat. By my estimations, I've lost 250 pounds out of the boat by having all this done, and 200 was in the back of the boat.

All that being said, I should have done this YEARS ago. Huge difference in the way the boat handles and rides. Hole shot shot is better, not dramatically better, but noticeable for sure. Right now we have 88 degree water, soBoat seems to ride more even, or level and getting the nose up is no problem either. I've only had it on the water 4 times since I've had this done, but I swear it feels, rides and handles like a different boat. I have yet to see what kind of top end difference is going be, mainly due to heavy traffic on the lake each time I've been out, so I'm still waiting on a better day so I can get it up to speed and see if the top end has changed any.

On the longevity of the batteries? Having a house battery for all electronics is so nice. No more worrying about if the boat will start after a long day on the water. Since I have gone to Odyssey Extreme batteries, I have not had that problem, and I also installed a jump switch just because I at one time had so many battery issues I just wanted to have the option to jump off another battery in the boat to make sure I could get back to the ramp when that time came. But with separate starting and house batteries, no more worries, just peace of mind.

Now on to the real question at hand, will the Lithium Pros keep you on the water all day or all night? So far I've fished two long runs with them. The first time was from 8pm to 6am the next morning, and we were on the TM ALL NIGHT. Still going strong the next morning. Next time was from 6pm to 2:30am and again, we were on the TM all night, cruising banks and jumping from point to point. The Lithium battery showed no signs of slowing down both of those long times on the water. I will admit, I was a little concerned myself as to whether I would have good power after being on the TM that long, but so far I'm not having any issues and very pleased with the whole new system. I'd do it again in a heartbeat, and if I ever change boats, I will do this setup again. Might even go all Lithiums, but what I have now is awesome and I really like how it turned out.