Mega depth issue

I tried searching but don’t see any of the same issue I’m hoping to fix. My friend has a helix 10 mega DI g2n with the ultrex that has the mega di transducer built in. He’s having issues where the sonar will somewhat randomly read well over 1000 feet of water. Sometimes it goes away in a few minutes and other times it takes quite a long time. He has updated the software to the latest version and the issue persists. Any ideas? TIA

The depth issue is still on-going for some and still being worked on by the techs. The Helix 10 G2N's seem to be the ones most reported about.

Is he using the Connected Transducer setting for the Minnkota MDI transducer?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Thanks Wayne. I don't believe so. When I helped him install it we just plugged it in with the adapter and went. I assume in the settings there is an option to select the type of transducer? Is it in the network section or somewhere else in the menu?

Quote Originally Posted by Sbassin22 View Post
    Thanks Wayne. I don't believe so. When I helped him install it we just plugged it in with the adapter and went. I assume in the settings there is an option to select the type of transducer? Is it in the network section or somewhere else in the menu?
    The Connected Transducer setting is in the Sonar main menu.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Samething happened to me today. I don't know if forgetting to put the solix 12 on standby when i pulled the ultrex up to move to another location has anything to do with it. When i deployed at my next stop I had no bottom showing on the Di or 2d. Both were set to a manual depth of 20 feet prior to this stop. I went to check the range in the sub menu and auto was switched to on and slider was maxed at 1000 feet. The 12 is networked to a solix 10 at the console with ipilot link. Bought all this equipment in Aug. '19. I haven't contacted MK or HB about yet but it's not the 1st time it's happened.