2003 Johnson 175 shifter problems help

Shifter will move throttle cable won’t move shifter cable can’t figure it out...any help please ... changed carpet so pulled panels off reinstalled ... took box apart still can not get it to move the shifter arm... 2000 stratus extreme

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Anchor barrel on cable in the box is more than likely broken allowing the cable to slip back and forth.

3. Member
    Cable is good I took it off shifter box and can shift it by hand ... shifter arm will not move on shifter box even with cable off throttle arm moves but shift arm doesn’t

4. Member
    There was a recall or service/tech bulletin on OMC shifter boxes, side mount one I had. Something would break & bind the linkage. If I find a # in my files, I’ll add it here.

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Check the spring on the throttle handle to release the neutral lockout lever (red handle) may have slipped out. What type control box do you have the concealed side mount or the surface mount?

6. Member
    concealed side...took it apart and put grease in it put back together...and it works...thanks for the help..