Thread: lake phelps

lake phelps

anyone still fish it ? Thinking bout going but it’s a long ride and I know nothing about it.

2. Member
    Been a few years since I’ve been there but definitely watch the forecast about wind. Basically it’s an egg shaped lake and gets rough sometimes. It never fails the winds always blowing straight on the point with the ramp. Good luck if you decide to go down. Used to be decent fishing
    Brian Howard
    2023 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2023 Mercury 225

3. Member
    Southwest wind over 10 leave it alone blows staight in the ramp.

4. Member
    Gin clear tanic water fish bowl lake. Won a 2 day tournament years ago there fishing flukes, not super flukes. Sand bottom and fish will sit/hide in dark patches and come out of no where to hit baits. Fish fast.

5. Member
    Clear blue manns auger tail worms on light line used to be the ticket! And warnings about the wind are spot on - lake is fairly shallow so the waves can expose bottom if it is howling.

6. Member
    Check the forecast for winds and storms. You do not want to get caught on that lake during a storm. Haven’t been in a few years but the lake fished good the last time. I typically stay off if the winds are above 10MPH.

We caught 15 or 20 on a Saturday about a month ago. The lake hasn’t changed much over the years. There are a few less pads than in the past but overall it’s about the same as years past. Most of the time if you see them they have already see you. I caught the bigger fish on a frog early.

8. Member
    True about the wind. I go there about once a month. The last time i drove up there, the wind was too strong to even launch the boat. It's always blowing there, mostly straight into the ramp.