Thread: Daiwa Rods

Daiwa Rods

I use tatula, zillion, and 1 steeze reels but never tried the rods. How are the rods? Primary $200 and under rods. What does everyone like? If one was to break how is their warranty?

2. Member
    Love the cronos and tatula elite line of rods, great rods for the money. And if you wanna put out a little more $ the ags rods are definitely worth the price. Never had a daiwa break so can't speak to the warranty!

3. Member
    I love the Tatula Rods. IMO they’re the best in there price range. I’ve never had to use the warranty but I’ve never heard anyone complain about Daiwas customer service.

4. Member
    I've owned a few og Tatula rods and they all felt dead in my hands. To be fair, I mainly use higher end rods. My lone daiwa rod is the Steez XBD frog rod (excellent rod).

Daiwa's custom service is top notch. One of the best imo, but I also live 20 minutes away from Daiwa so I can just walk in.

5. Scraps
    I just last week looked at the Tatula's, the ones for around $150, and I was really impressed. Have seen that you can find them for even less, but even for $150 I was sold.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

6. Member
    I have 6 Tatula Elites, 2 of them are the AGS model. I cannot say enough good things about them. They are work horses, sensitive, built great, and a great value for their price. I have not broken one so I can't comment on their warranty.
    2019 Phoenix 920 ProXP
    Mercury 250 4S ProXS

7. Member
    Gonna have to pile on here. The tatula elite series are outstanding. You can find them fairly cheap if you shop around and aren't in a hurry. I picked up a cranking rod for 110 from TW that was in their used section.
    2009 Triton 18x3 Pro

The tatula elite rods and the tatula rods with the cork grips are outstanding. You can't go wrong with either.

9. Member
    Haven't tried the elites yet but I have an OG tatula, zillion and 2 cronos and they are all excellent build quality and versatile to boot.

10. Member
    Not to hijack but I am looking at the Tatula Frog rod but plan on using it as a flipping stick, mainly for 1/2 ounce Texas rigs and jigs. Would this rod be sensitive enough and a good fit for this application? I like the 7'4" length, cork handle and the fact that these rods get awesome reviews.

11. Member
    I use my OG Tatula 7'4" frog rod for pitching creature baits with up to a 1/2oz weight with no problems. I just bought the Takahiro Omori Elite pitchin stick which is 7'3". I haven't used it yet, but this would be another option for you.

12. Member
    I have probaby 12 OG Tatula rods. I love everyone of them. Best bang for the buck out there. I just picked up 5 Elite models, with 2 of them being AGS models. I will get in my first work with them this weekend. They feel amazing.

13. Member
    I recently picked up a blx daiwa rod from tackle trap and it’s awesome I have a tatula elite long cast on it. Not used it much but it makes a great large top water rod / chatter bait. Also picked up the tatula elite randy Howell 7’2 all purpose and it’s a great swim jig/ spinner bait rod. I will get the 7’6 search bait rod next Monday for smaller open hook swimbaits. I usually run all higher end stuff but these are fantastic for the price o can’t wait to get more time on the water with them

I know a lot of guys love the first generation Tatula rods, but I think the new, current version are some of the best "value" rods on the market. They fish well above their price point in my opinion. The Kage rods are incredible, but not many guys know about them because they're only available to select dealers. As more guys got their hands on them, this line will explode in popularity I'm sure. The new BLX are also a very nice premium series. That 74MHRB in particular is a great rod for me. The Steez AGS line are impressive and easily amongst the most sensitive rods on the market as a series.

Daiwa is great to work with on warranty issues should anything come up. They have stellar customer service and have some great folks working there to keep things moving forward.

The Tackle Trap is of course a BBC sponsor, a Daiwa dealer, and an authorized Daiwa warranty center. If there's anything Daiwa you need, feel free to get in touch with us. We always take good care of our BBC customers...