difference in SS3D modules?

I’m selling my older boat. It has HDS Carbon units with SS3D.

Im buying a newer boat. It has Gen3 units with SS3D.

Im going to swap out the units before I sell my old one. Is there any need to swap out the SA3D modules or transducers? I don’t want to fool with that if they’re the same.

Thanks!

2. Member
    SS3D is SS3D, i.e. no distinction like Gen3 SS3D or Carbon SS3D. I suppose you could power each up, go through the menu check if one possibly has a newer hardware revision... if it even gives that information, I cant recall, not in my boat right now.
    Last edited by R2Tracker; 07-17-2019 at 03:50 PM.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

3. Member
    Unless everything is on the latest software, you might be leaving a problem for the buyer of the one you are dumping by doing that. If I were you, I’d swap the SS3D boxes too unless they are really hard to get to. No reason to touch the cables or transducers.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by piketroller View Post
    Unless everything is on the latest software, you might be leaving a problem for the buyer of the one you are dumping by doing that. If I were you, I’d swap the SS3D boxes too unless they are really hard to get to. No reason to touch the cables or transducers.
    Where in the hell did that come from???? He's supposed to be worried about used electronics on a used boat because the next owner "might" have problems. Are you for real????

If the SS3d/transducer are working on the boat you're purchasing leave module and transducer in place. It's a crap shoot trying to figure out what might fail when/where/how. You stand just as good a chance of "...leaving a problem for the buyer...." no matter which way you go. Geeessshhhh....

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yupitsme View Post
    Where in the hell did that come from???? He's supposed to be worried about used electronics on a used boat because the next owner "might" have problems. Are you for real????

If the SS3d/transducer are working on the boat you're purchasing leave module and transducer in place. It's a crap shoot trying to figure out what might fail when/where/how. You stand just as good a chance of "...leaving a problem for the buyer...." no matter which way you go. Geeessshhhh....
    Some people don’t like to sell problems to others, while a different group of people don’t seem to care. Personally, I wouldn’t sell a combination of hardware that wasn’t in the as-received without telling the buyer what I did and that I couldn’t vouch for it working correctly, or testing it on-water first to verify that it was working. I guess we learned not to buy equipment from you.

6. Member
    Good points made above. It’s no problem for me to switch the modules. I just don’t want to run the wires again.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by piketroller View Post
    Some people don’t like to sell problems to others, while a different group of people don’t seem to care. Personally, I wouldn’t sell a combination of hardware that wasn’t in the as-received without telling the buyer what I did and that I couldn’t vouch for it working correctly, or testing it on-water first to verify that it was working. I guess we learned not to buy equipment from you.
    Unless you're an electronic psychic you're just going through motions to make "you" feel better about "yourself". I feel fine about me...

psy·chic

/ˈsīkik/Learn to pronounce

adjective
    [COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]

relating to or denoting faculties or phenomena that are apparently inexplicable by natural laws, especially involving telepathy or clairvoyance.
      [COLOR=#878787 !important]"psychic powers"[/COLOR]
      synonyms: supernatural, paranormal, otherworldly, supernormal, preternatural, metaphysical, extrasensory, transcendental, magic, magical, mystical, mystic, occult; More
      relating to the soul or mind.
      [COLOR=#878787 !important]"he dulled his psychic pain with gin"[/COLOR]
      synonyms: emotional, spiritual, inner; More

a person considered or claiming to have psychic powers; a medium.

Thanks for the laugh... I needed it!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TNReb View Post
    I’m selling my older boat. It has HDS Carbon units with SS3D.

Im buying a newer boat. It has Gen3 units with SS3D.

Im going to swap out the units before I sell my old one. Is there any need to swap out the SA3D modules or transducers? I don’t want to fool with that if they’re the same.

Thanks!
    Without getting into SS3D software revisions, which can easily be taken care of.....There is no need to Swap SS3D modules or transducers, the hardware is identical. Just swap your Carbon and Gen3 units and call it a day. Easy peasy!!