Fishing Lake Fork

Hey everyone I’m a coming from South Carolina to fish Lake Fork for the first time July 26- August 2 and am looking some information about running the lake and fishing in general. I’m not looking to steal anyones spots or lake secrets just general ideas about what to look as far as fishing structure goes and what baits to focus on. I have also heard horror stories about people losing lower units to stumps and things like that so is there any information I need to know about just running from spot to spot on the lake? Any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Colton Parrott

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Get this for Lake Fork ---> http://www.boatlanes.com/, bring sun screen, lots of water / Gatorade and you're prolly gonna be fishing deep. Other than that? I haven't been there in probably 8-9yrs. Enjoy your trip to TX ... expect temps in the upper 90s - low 100s with zero wind.

3. Member
    Sounds good i’ll be sure to bring plenty of drinks and look into the boating lanes chart, thank you!

4. Banned
    When in doubt idle, running boat lanes is easy and like Champ said get the boatlanes chip.

Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    When in doubt idle
    X1000

Fork is notorious for eating lower units. Good luck and welcome to Texas!
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

6. Member
    I fish fork all the time, even with the lake at Full pool I still idle alot when I get off the boat lanes. Those stumps seem to move alot . be careful you can send me a PM and I will give you some areas to fish
    SAL 544
    13.11 lbs
    Lake Fork TX
    2/19/13

Fishing the hottest part of the day can be very productive on Fork.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

8. Fishwhisperer Thefisherman64's Avatar
    Good stuff happens at night that time of year. The lake is tough to run in the daytime. So, as stated many times, idle a lot. Boat lanes are marked well. The chip is good.
    Jeff, and Rheba Johnson
    AND COOPER
    2009 BEE LINE 294 by Phoenix
    2009 150 MERC OPTIMAX

9. Member
    Definitely idle if you have any hesitation. Some may tell you that a spot can be ran and that may be true for them because of their experience but that lake will end your day fast if your not careful.

10. Member
    I have pulled two different boats back to the ramp there with their motors dangling off the back. For one boat, it was the first time the owner had it in the water. You can run the main lake ok, but when you get out of the main channel just idle around. You will likely want to stay out on the main lake this time of year anyway. Football head jigs, big crankbaits, c-rigs fished along structure breaks should be a good place to start. They bunch up offshore better when the sun gets high and the wind lays a bit--makes for some sweaty days but you can catch a few.

11. Major Flagelator Gamblinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thefisherman64 View Post
    Good stuff happens at night that time of year. The lake is tough to run in the daytime. So, as stated many times, idle a lot. Boat lanes are marked well. The chip is good.

Oh how I remember the buzzbait night bite. It was nothing to have 40 to 50 lb. -5 fish stringers...and the Pork-O bite.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."