Motormate instead of transom saver?

Folks, I have a 2004 vintage 200SP with 200hp Optimax. What are your opinions on use of a motormate instead of a standard transom saver? OK on these older boats?

-thanks!
    John

I run a 200 Pro XS on an 04 192 sp I have been using a motormate for 3-4 yrs now No problems noted.

3. Member
    I have a 1992 astro I switch to the motor mate and started to notice some hair line cracks, so now I actually use both at the same time. I modified the transom saver fit with the motor mate installed. Could be overkill but already had the transom saver so no extra coin out of my pocket

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Not a fan of the Motormate at all. Imagine mounting a large pipe wrench on your transom and jumping on the handle. That’s what the outboard is going down the road. You want that sucker braced as far from the transom as possible to remove the twisting action from the transom.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

5. Member
    I run a Motostop on a 2000 210 super pro with df250ss Suzuki. No problems and works great.

6. Member
    I have the attwood lock n stow on a 2008 super pro 210 w/ a 250 pro xs and no problems so far but wish I would have gone with a motormate. The attwood is starting to rust and it's a single reinforcement in the middle as opposed to the double on each side with motormate, plus a variety of colors to choose from with motormate.

7. Member
    Motostop is one piece aluminum. Very sturdy.