Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    My 2013 crewmax will get new tires this fall. Going with Bridgestone Revo 3.

2. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Nitto Ridge Grapplers, I have them and my son just replaced his with a second set after putting 65k in his first set. Aggressive look but quite.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

3. Member
    Just put new tires on my GMC Yukon yesterday. I had my mind made up that I'm going with the Michelin LTX M/S2. They recommended that I try the Bridgestone Dueler Alenza. They highly recommended that tire and they have a 90 day trial period so that's what I got. They seem like a good tire but time will tell.

4. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BasserJim View Post
    I feel like you pay a lot for the name with Michelin
    Jim, I'm halfway milage wise with my Michelin Defenders....40,000......I'm seeing only half thread wear......My last 3 trucks have only seen Michelins.....the rest will also.....I'll pay the difference...275/65/18 tires for less than 1K.......All day long....

5. Member
    I have been super happy with Michelin, always get 70,000+ out of them

Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    ***Disclaimer***

NOT a tire guru.

Factory 285/55/R20 BFG KO2s on my '17 Double Cab with ~40K miles currently... Will not be replacing with those when the time comes. They do most things acceptably, until it gets wet... I swear, they lose traction qualities when the humidity is high (which is about 99% of the time, around here).

Have had great service from multiple sets of Toyo Open Country tires... Will most likely go back with those.
    Was always a fan of 10 ply BFG AT's on my trucks until I came upon Toyo's. Love my Toyo Open Country 35's on my Tundra.

7. Georgia Bass Club Moderator fishnfool38's Avatar
    I'm running Toyo open Country RT's on my truck and MT's on my Jeep both will get the same on the next set.

The RT is a very quiet and smooth tire. It is same as the Nitto Ridge Grappler.

8. Member
    Stick with the michelins.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    Do you have any before and after pics? I'd like to see the difference.
    This was stock

And this was with the slightly larger tires.

They are actually 275/70/18's on it now. Some people have gone with the 295's, but I heard you notice a power decrease and a big mpg decrease as well so I just went with the 275's. The difference is very apparent in person, much more so than in theses pictures.

10. Member
    Thanks. That looks good. Do they rub at all if you have to turn extremely sharp?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    Thanks. That looks good. Do they rub at all if you have to turn extremely sharp?
    No, from what I read, the 275's will not rub at all. Mine is the TRD Pro so it is leveled and sits a little higher in the front, but the 275's are still fine on the regular height ones as well.

12. Member
    I've used Nitto terra grapplers for a while now. On my second set right now. Great all around AT tire and they don't have a ton of road noise. Last set I got about 60k miles from them. Probably should have got new ones around 50k though. A bit pricey but to me they're worth every penney.
    2009 Triton 18x3 Pro

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BasserJim View Post
    I feel like you pay a lot for the name with Michelin
    The Michelin defender ltx that I put on 3 weeks
    ago have an 800 treadwear rating. I gave $850 out the door for mine & would have no problem doing it again whatsoever. They may be higher, but there’s a reason for it too other then the name .
    Last edited by Les Young; 07-18-2019 at 10:52 AM.

Hard to go wrong with those Michelins, but might want to check out the Cooper AT3. The AT3 isn't super aggressive and is quiet for what it is. I loved them on my old Jeep and the dry, wet, and snow handling was good. Just put some Nitto Terra Grapplers on my Sierra though and am loving them so far. Only bought them over the Coopers because they were cheaper, but I've only heard good things about them. Time will tell on the mileage, but I'm expecting them to fall in the 55-60k range.

15. Member
    I have had good luck with the Hankook Dynapro AT2

16. Member
    I like my Nitto ridge grapplers, 325/50/r22

17. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 481VSangler View Post
    Hard to go wrong with those Michelins, but might want to check out the Cooper AT3. The AT3 isn't super aggressive and is quiet for what it is. I loved them on my old Jeep and the dry, wet, and snow handling was good. Just put some Nitto Terra Grapplers on my Sierra though and am loving them so far. Only bought them over the Coopers because they were cheaper, but I've only heard good things about them. Time will tell on the mileage, but I'm expecting them to fall in the 55-60k range.
    I have had 3 sets of AT3, I like the Ridge grapplers much better.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

18. Member
    Unless you’re just in love with the looks I’d put it back stock and enjoy the ride and peace of the stock truck. I’ve had the Michelin AT’s in some nasty stuff and they’ve done just fine. If you want the looks it seems to be a 50/50 split between the Nittos and the Coopers. I’ve rode in a couple tricks with the Nitto Terra’s. They are pretty easy on the ride and ears.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadows View Post
    I'm a Michelin fan personally. I think the Defender LTX AT2 is the perfect tire as it blends an all terrain with a good all around highway tire. For an all terrain it's really quiet and rides great, but still somewhat aggressive if you're in snow, sand, mud, etc.
    That's just what I put on my F150...very happy with them. Had Bridgestone dueler Revos and they were OK...tire life was less than impressive. But they rode nice and did well in the snow, I didn't care for their performance much in heavy rain though...waaaaay better than the stock good years though
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadows View Post
    I'm a Michelin fan personally. I think the Defender LTX AT2 is the perfect tire as it blends an all terrain with a good all around highway tire. For an all terrain it's really quiet and rides great, but still somewhat aggressive if you're in snow, sand, mud, etc.
    +1. And while they cost a little more, they last so long the cost per mile is less. Every time I've went away from Michelins it was a mistake, and I went back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast