150 EFI trim tab?

I have 1997 Mercury 150 EFI. Did these motors come with a trim tab on the lower unit?
    noticed the other day this one is missing but I haven't had the boat that long so I don't know if it ever had one?
    It has new steering and if I let go of the steering wheel while on plane, it will turn right quickly.

just wanted to know if these motors require one? I know the bigger motors like on my other boat (250 Pro XS) don't have the tab, just the anode insert.

serial number OG569586

2. Member
    MUD that one should have had one but it wont help your steering if on there I would replace it just because its suppose to be there, helps track lil straighter at idle speed
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Yessir, thanks for the help Joe!
    if you ever get over to Bullard, Jacksonville, I owe you lunch for the several things you'be helped me with

4. Member
    yall got any good bobbobobycrue over there
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    Is it cable or hydraulic steering? I think if it's hydraulic steering it's not necessary but I could be mistaken. I know on my XR6 150 I have hydraulic steering and don't have one and can let go of the wheel on plane...

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Usually not used with Hydraulic Steering... and the standard tab will not fit with many of the Stainless Props.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    Hello Mud, my 150 EFI has one, with cable steering it does have an effect on torque steer.