6 months in, time for some add on's and want suggestions

OK guy's, I am 6 months in with my brand new Maitou Explode. She is only a 24 footer and honestly the size is just right for us. We have no kids and this is essentially a second toy that was purchased for leisuly activities to target my wife and our freinds. My wife will go out with me on the bass boat but it was never really her thing.

My only accesories thus far is are a PTM Edge mirror and a pedastal mounted BBQ.

So after a dozen or so trips I realize there are things I want to address, one of them is a better way to anchor and I would be interested to hear from the board if anyone has an auto deploy anchor system, Minn Kota makes one but there are several brands out there.

The other thing I want to look at is a trolling motor, yes I know that's what the Ranger is for but I think there are times when it would be fun to have one. I run a 36 volt Ultrex on my bass boat and love the features, especially the spot lock. My preference for the toon would be a removable unit, not sure of the power needed (24v or 36v) and or the shaft lenth.
    Also in bass boats the TM has a dedicated bank of batteries so the power side would need to be mounted, plumbed, and set up to charge while at home .

I already wrote way too much but please suggest accesories you added that make your boat more enjoyable.

2. Member
    I think this is a good topic idea. I’m in the market for a pontoon to supplement my Ranger as well. I like the idea of having a depth finder, small trolling motor, on board table, swim ladder, lights below the seats for night rides, cooler for drinks, etc. These boats have a lot of uses and are great for groups. I think the trolling motor should be removable in case a group doesn’t want it in the way. Don’t know how big your lake is but a depth finder with a gps could be helpful. I don’t have much experience with automatic anchor systems but a good claw style does me well.
    1984 Ranger 395V 1998 Mariner 225 Mag EFI

"A bad day of fishing, is always better then a good day at work"

3. Member
    The boat came with a Simrad system, it has GPS, Sonar, Down and side imaging :-)
    It also came with a swim ladder and ski tow bar

I have had bass boats all my life and finally moved to the lake full time and purchased a pontoon for family and friends to share time with and I have discovered that there was more than just day trips to have fun. I have upgraded my electronics on my Bass Boat and put the used Lowrance 9 on our pontoon and have found that it is helpful for night trips as well as adds a little confidence for the wife to see where she is on the lake while she is driving. On my list this year will be some LED lights to also help out with the summertime evening and night cruises. Another great tool that I purchased last year that we used often is sand spikes for easy anchoring while in shallow water.

Mike Beachy 2020 TRX 21 250 Pro XS 4S