Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Marshall's Marine Lake City S.C.

I have never done any business with this dealership and I am thinking about doing so in the near future. I would like to get a little feedback if possible. If you feel more comfortable sending me a pm that will be fine as well. Thanks in advance.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

I bought two new Tritons and a Ranger from them. The first Triton had issues from the start. They did work on it and did their best to fix everything but I just couldn't take all the back and forth trips so ended up trading it in after a year on the second Triton which was fine. I bought a new Z520 in 2011 from them. That boat needed new carpet on front deck after a year. This was pretty common on some of them (padded deck wrinkling) and Ranger agreed to replace the carpet on the front deck. When I called Marshalls to schedule in the work they said they were no longer a Ranger dealer so I went elsewhere.

All in all they were very nice and pretty good to work with (except of course the no longer a Ranger dealer part).

3. Banned
    friend took a boat there one time, piss poor service. If ya are looking for Mercury service 7 lakes marine outside of southern pines would be the place to go.

I got a price quote on a motor from them. Guy I talked to was pretty good and their price was good but ended up with a similar deal closer to home.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

5. Member
    Bought several boats from them when they were a Ranger Dealer. They were the best Ranger dealer around at the time, and hurt many die hard Ranger guys in the NC/SC area when they dropped Ranger from their floor. They were always professional, had great prices and service was second to none. Haven't been there in a while, but if under same ownership I wouldn't hesitate to do business with them.

They've been in business since 1961..you don't stay in business that long if you give piss poor service....by far one of the best dealerships in the Southeast. I've seen them fix all brands of boats on tournament day at the ramp and not charge a dime. Cape Fear if you do visit let me know and I'll tell you who to talk to.

7. Member
    Marshall and all the guys at Marshall's marine are top notch.Have bought three Triton's from them in the past when they where a Triton deal and have had several friends buy from them. Driving three hours the service department was always very accommodating.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cattdaddy View Post
    They've been in business since 1961..you don't stay in business that long if you give piss poor service....by far one of the best dealerships in the Southeast. I've seen them fix all brands of boats on tournament day at the ramp and not charge a dime. Cape Fear if you do visit let me know and I'll tell you who to talk to.
    When you track mud through a boat, after running it on the water to trouble shoot for repair, leave the bilge pump switch on burning the pumps up, then leave the switch on killing the batteries only to have it jump started while you are there to pick the boat up. I call that piss poor service. Oh and the friend was me, Eddie LeNeave.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phisherman View Post
    friend took a boat there one time, piss poor service. If ya are looking for Mercury service 7 lakes marine outside of southern pines would be the place to go.
    You and your “friend” could wash the dirt off with a water hose and a bilge pump is 30$....

When you track mud through a boat, after running it on the water to trouble shoot for repair, leave the bilge pump switch on burning the pumps up, then leave the switch on killing the batteries only to have it jump started while you are there to pick the boat up. I call that piss poor service. Oh and the friend was me, Eddie LeNeave.
    Still they've been there since 1961...every dealership has their slips ups. It's happened with every single dealership.

no offense, but do you ever speak GOOD of anyone?
    most of your post are negative ones...
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

12. Member
    Eddie LeNeave
    Hope Mills, N.C.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoQ...ntcoH9dzoi8D1A
    https://www.facebook.com/eddieleneavefishadventures
    Carolina Bassers
    http://www.carolinabassers.com/
    I know a lot, just cant remember it all.
    Thinking outside the box is the best way to learn
    BassCat Puma
    Relion Batteries
    Humminbird Onix 10's w/360 imaging
    Mercury 250Pro Xs S/N 1B479678

...SB...
    2006 Ranger 188 VX with 150 E TEC and I EAT BASS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Biggin2 View Post
    Eddie LeNeave
    Hope Mills, N.C.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoQ...ntcoH9dzoi8D1A
    https://www.facebook.com/eddieleneavefishadventures
    Carolina Bassers
    http://www.carolinabassers.com/
    I know a lot, just cant remember it all.
    Thinking outside the box is the best way to learn
    BassCat Puma
    Relion Batteries
    Humminbird Onix 10's w/360 imaging
    Mercury 250Pro Xs S/N 1B479678

...SB...
    what were the links supposed to show?

14. Banned
    Low Slung I speak great of a lot of things, places and people. I also believe that people deserve to know experiences of others when people are wanting past experiences of anything. Half the people that respond to comments have never been to a specific place/company. Some of them don't even own a boat,which is being discussed at this time. Some just jump on a bandwagon and go with the flow. If I find a company or individual that has gone beyond that call and does it right I will praise and recommend it in a heartbeat. I have a list for service and parts. Want to know a great place that I received,pm me and I will let ya know. Want to know the best place I have found to purchase Merc. oem parts, pm me and I will let you know. When people ask others for opinions when it comes to our boats, or anything else for that matter, we as a community deserve to tell them what we have experienced, good or bad, if you so choose to. The question was asked about the above and I gave my personal experience. Individuals decide how they react to answers given. See ya on the water and if ya need anything, feel free to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Cape Fear View Post
    I have never done any business with this dealership and I am thinking about doing so in the near future. I would like to get a little feedback if possible. If you feel more comfortable sending me a pm that will be fine as well. Thanks in advance.
    Cape Fear they are good people...some of the best I've worked with. You should give them a try for sure.....like I said they've been in business since 1961. Slip ups happen which is what some want to push to the forefront but I've seen them many many times go beyond and above to make customers happy. Look at the responses here...way more positive than negative

I have never personally been to Marshalls. I can also say I have been screwing around with boats for about 30 years now. I can tell you I have never heard anybody say a bad word about Marshalls. I have heard people say good things. But in the same regard I do believe what Eddie is saying because I think Eddie is telling you what really happened. I have been hanging out on bulletin board services for a long time too and I have found that in some cases people don’t want to hear the truth. I have no problem with somebody posting the truth.

Now with that said. I have been to 7 Lakes Marine (a bunch). They are some good guys but I don’t believe they have the experience for high HP MERCs that Marshalls probably has. So it would depend on the issue before I picked between the two.
    Discipline is the key, if you can't hack it, pack it!

17. Member
    One of the things I am looking for is someone that can do Yamaha warranty service work if needed along with other periodical service and maintenance. I am also looking to do some upgrades such as power poles, sonar/ graphs and trolling motor. The dealership I bought my G3 Sportsman from is no longer a G3 dealer. Marshall's Marine also has a 2018 Bass Cat Caracal I would like to have a look at as well. All comments given by posters has been noted and I appreciate the feedback.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

Low Slung I speak great of a lot of things, places and people. I also believe that people deserve to know experiences of others when people are wanting past experiences of anything. Half the people that respond to comments have never been to a specific place/company. Some of them don't even own a boat,which is being discussed at this time. Some just jump on a bandwagon and go with the flow. If I find a company or individual that has gone beyond that call and does it right I will praise and recommend it in a heartbeat. I have a list for service and parts. Want to know a great place that I received,pm me and I will let ya know. Want to know the best place I have found to purchase Merc. oem parts, pm me and I will let you know. When people ask others for opinions when it comes to our boats, or anything else for that matter, we as a community deserve to tell them what we have experienced, good or bad, if you so choose to. The question was asked about the above and I gave my personal experience. Individuals decide how they react to answers given. See ya on the water and if ya need anything, feel free to ask.
    understood!

However if that be the case, #1 why say “you had a friend...”
    #2.... how or why would some one know to PM “you” for ur personal experience when it was a good one????
    hell... everytime it’s a bad one, you post for the whole world to see!

19. Member
    I puirchased my 1999 Ranger 518VX from Marshall's Marine in 1999 when they were a Ranger dealer. I still return to Marshall's Marine for all my annual boat services. I have had nothing but superior service from the folks at Marshall's Marine and will continue to have them service/repair my Ranger as long as I am able to make the drive. The dealership has a down home country atmosphere and I have not had any encounter with any employee that has not been extremely friendly and courteous. Many of the employees have been working at Marshall's Marine for many years which indicates a stable and knowledgeable workforce. The same mechanic has serviced my Optimax all these years.

Loyalty is a two way street with me and Marshall's Marine has continued to set the standard for superior service. By the way it's a 200 plus mile round trip for me to the dealership and I'm 73 years old (Fayetteville, NC to Lake City, SC) to get my Ranger serviced. Oh, by the way there is a Ranger Boat dealer 30-45 minutes down the road from my home and I have not been there for any service work. I have been told they are a top notch Ranger dealer also.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cattdaddy View Post
    PM Sent
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast