Thread: C8 Vette 7/18

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

C8 Vette 7/18

C8 gets released 7/18, interested in seeing what it really looks like, specs, and see where pricing falls.

Not sure I would purchase a first year model?

2. Member
    Looking forward to seeing it also
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

Sitting in the front, party in the back.
    2000 Ranger 520DVX 225hpdi

4. Banned
    Like the C7 it will be interesting to see how close the Spy Photos and recreated images are.

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Excited to see it! The new GT500, this, the red eye challenger! Great times to be an enthusiast. Just sad to hear they are going to kill off the Camaro again, I thought the new ZL1 1LE was amazing in all aspects
    Bob's Machine - Action Series Jack Plates - DeckPlugs - DeckSavers - QuickSlip - The Big D Trolling motor handle - Much more!
    www.bobsmachine.com

6. Member
    Would love to see it. Even better have one.

7. Banned
    I think Chevy blew it all the way around with the Camaro, I'm surprised it lasted this long!

If the leaks are any indication, it'll really have to grow on me. Once again, I wish GM just made it its own car too instead of drastically altering the Corvette formula. They've already wrecked the Blazer name over the years, I don't see the need to do it to the Corvette too. Especially with the Camaro supposedly being discontinued again, I think they should've kept the Corvette front engine and made this their flagship performance car. That's just one GM fan's opinion that isn't worth a whole lot though.

9. Member
    I cant believe they are still using those tails...they dont look good on Camaro so why would they look good on the vette
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

I love the renderings over at the C8 Corvette Forum....can't wait to see it revealed tomorrow.....

It’s going to be called the Stingray again.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    C8 gets released 7/18, interested in seeing what it really looks like, specs, and see where pricing falls.

Not sure I would purchase a first year model?
    A first year, first generation model that has been significantly delayed due to the original design for the vehicle's electrical system didn't hold up to the demands of the onboard sensor and computer networks. Apparently the entire car had to wait for some next-gen electrical and communications system architecture to be finalized and integrated to the vehicle.

Yeah, that doesn't sound like a future nightmare.

13. Member
    Will it cost as much as a bass boat?

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky View Post
    A first year, first generation model that has been significantly delayed due to the original design for the vehicle's electrical system didn't hold up to the demands of the onboard sensor and computer networks. Apparently the entire car had to wait for some next-gen electrical and communications system architecture to be finalized and integrated to the vehicle.

Yeah, that doesn't sound like a future nightmare.

Sounded like they also had major issues with the frame twisting?

15. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Yes they had a “torsional issue” with the frame. I’m very against this Vette! The Corvette was always America’s middle finger to the mid engine exotics, and the C7 platform has turned into one of the best handling front engine vehicles to ever be designed....and we give in and make a mid engine “me too” car?

I will support it, because I love Corvettes and my C5 was a great car. I just wish they didn’t make what looks to me a LOT like the Acura NSX.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    Will it cost as much as a bass boat?
    Not quite.........

17. Official BBC Highjacker bassboogieman's Avatar
    I prefer the front engine Corvettes (mine is a C6) and I'm not really excited with making the Corvette exclusively a mid-engine car. It will likely be $20k more than the C7 and more expensive to insure. GM is turning the classic American sports car into a European super car wannabe (IMO) and that's a shame.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
    I prefer the front engine Corvettes (mine is a C6) and I'm not really excited with making the Corvette exclusively a mid-engine car. It will likely be $20k more than the C7 and more expensive to insure. GM is turning the classic American sports car into a European super car wannabe (IMO) and that's a shame.
    Gm has reached performance limitations on a front engine car.
    Isnt going to be a wannabe at all. It’s going to destroy the european supercars.

I thought they were keeping a front engine model also?

19. Banned
    If any of the "leaked" concepts are right, it looks too Italian for me.

20. Member
    I bought a first year C7, no regrets, no problems. Want to see a C8 in person, then will either buy the C8 or get a 2018/2019 Z06. Yes, I have many first world problems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast