**Skeeter FXR Photos**

Here are the photos that were released by Skeeter today, you can see them on Skeeter's facebook page as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Junior831; 07-16-2019 at 08:51 PM.

Nice!!!!

Wow. Never really been into Skeeters, but that is pretty sharp.

4. Member
    Not impress from these initial photos. Maybe as they release more information. So far all I see are some nice looking seats with grab handles (?) but still appear to be very flat with no later side support like most other manufactures. There also appears to be a bulge on the side for some unknown reason. I hope it serves a purpose, otherwise it looks like a great place to chip and gouge the gel coat. Would also make cleaning harder a little harder. There may be some good innovation that I don't see, standing by for more information.
    2019 Phoenix 819, 200 HP Mercury Pro Xs.

5. Member
    The only part I question is white seats. They look great but they will never stay white. The boat looks awesome though

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    The only part I question is white seats. They look great but they will never stay white. The boat looks awesome though
    Thats just the color options of that boat. They unveiled another one last night that was black and silver.

7. Member
    Need to see one in person but so far not a fan.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

Why does every new model have to have the monster center rod locker?

Can’t see putting the weight of all the tackle, tools and gear to one side of the boat

It’s a deal breaker for me I need at least one storage compartment I can reach from a front seat

Would be nice to see at least one model series with a traditional front deck
    "The handicapped angler"

9. Member
    Been a skeeter man for 20+ years... Not a fan of the FXR though. Maybe in person can change my mind but I would liked to have seen a sleeker style and changes other than handles in a seat!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    Why does every new model have to have the monster center rod locker?

Can’t see putting the weight of all the tackle, tools and gear to one side of the boat

It’s a deal breaker for me I need at least one storage compartment I can reach from a front seat

Would be nice to see at least one model series with a traditional front deck

It looks like the rod lockers are on the side. The center box doesn't appear to have any holes to stick the rods through but the side boxes do. Also they show it with tackle trays in the center. The ones I question are the one like the Bass Cat Classic where they put tackle storage on the starboard side and a full size rod locker on the port side and the center. Why would I want the heavy stuff on the same side I sit on. I can't have all the weight to one side when I fish alone.
    2019 Phoenix 819, 200 HP Mercury Pro Xs.

11. Member
    Im not a Skeeter fan, but how can you not like the looks of that boat? Don't like a boat cause looks like it would be hard to clean???? Have heard it all now.....I think. Anyway, if boat runs and handles as good as it looks Skeeter is going to do very well with this model....Congrats to them!!!

Well if it’s just storage up the center then it’s even goofier
    You have to go to the back of the boat just to open it and crawl all the way up there for tackle?
    Starboard locker is too short for rods they put a storage box where the day box was

Since 1981 all I’ve owned is Skeeters and unfortunately I have to admit my next boat won’t be a Skeeter

Like I said the Center Locker design is a deal breaker for me but even without that they have changed enough to get me to look at other brands
    Less Fuel Cap, Lower HP rating, one divided livewell instead of 2 independent ones and while other brands are adding features Skeeter seems to think the status quo is good enough

And Limited Edition Stickers won’t get my attention
    "The handicapped angler"

13. Banned
    I almost bought a Skeeter twice. I have always liked them, the handles in the seats makes no sense to me?

14. Member
    I have seen other pictures and graphics. It's a new hull and top cap. Bigger decks with the front deck width carried forward. The nose from the top looks kinda like a Champion. Finally the bilge lid is in two pieces that cover the entire width of the deck - no more little panels held down by screws.
    Lots of colors without flake. Auto industry non-metallic primary color trend is now in the boat industry.

Have to see up close what else has changed.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO

I like it but its not a Skeeter with out the Traditional "Skeeter stripes"

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    Well if it’s just storage up the center then it’s even goofier
    You have to go to the back of the boat just to open it and crawl all the way up there for tackle?
    Starboard locker is too short for rods they put a storage box where the day box was

Since 1981 all I’ve owned is Skeeters and unfortunately I have to admit my next boat won’t be a Skeeter

Like I said the Center Locker design is a deal breaker for me but even without that they have changed enough to get me to look at other brands
    Less Fuel Cap, Lower HP rating, one divided livewell instead of 2 independent ones and while other brands are adding features Skeeter seems to think the status quo is good enough

And Limited Edition Stickers won’t get my attention
    That's why I still got my 2008 ZX and like it more than the late model ZXs. The single center rod locker design they are using has kind of grown on me over time, kind of wish my boat had one. I usually fish with a lot of rods on the deck which can make getting one out of the side locker tough. To me separate livewells are a good thing if you fish by yourself or when fishing BFLs where you have a co using the other side... If you dont need one side, you aren't hauling an extra 20 gallons of water around.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole