Thread: 1980 owners

1980 owners

Working a deal on a 1980 with 150 pro xs. Trading my old friend a 2003 ranger 521vx in on it maybe. Guys who went from glass to the vexus tell me cons and pros.
    Vince Dart- Jim Thorpe PA

2. Member
    Well I already made the switch from glass to tin 4 years ago. I have a 1980 on order now because now I can get the best of both worlds! My buddy went from an 18' 2012 Ranger with a 150 on it and he said the ride in the Vexus to his surprise is actually better than it was in his Ranger! For me personally the main things I liked about glass over tin were: bigger storage compartments and a better ride. Both of those are now non issues with a Vexus AVX 1980. You get the bigger compartments, great livewell and a great ride. Now here are the things I like about tin over glass: 1. I personally (many people don't agree) do NOT like carpet in a fishing boat. I can have a polyurea floor in a Vexus. 2. When I hit a rock with a tin boat it's like "oh I guess I hit a rock" (obviously going very slow). With a glass boat it is instant panic! So for me what Vexus did with the aluminum hulls is really, truly revolutionary. Plus they have just simply done every last thing better than the others starting from the trailer on up. I am very confident you will like it very much!

3. Member
    I own a 1980 and the boat is great. Ride , stability, dry, trolling motoring tracks as good as any boat period, wind friendly. Only con would be speed (if that matters). Trailer is top notch.