Can a gen 3 display active imaging if connected to carbon?

Can a gen 3 12 display down and side scan off a 2–1 transducer if it’s connected to a carbon 9?

2. Member
    Yes

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbmitch View Post
    Yes
    would it be the same quality as if it were running on a carbon or live?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tayzak15 View Post
    would it be the same quality as if it were running on a carbon or live?
    It's not as good, because the resolution on the gen 3 screen isn't as good. But I did it from a live to a gen 3 and it worked fine. It was much better than my old LSS-2 thats for sure. I also recommend using the black and white palette as that one seemed to be the best for it. Maybe it was just my eyes. But I could see fish in trenches in the rivers.
    NPAA #803

5. Member
    The resolutions are different so the picture quality isn't as detailed but it is still far better then the lss2/totalscan transducers.

Resolution wouldn't change unless the pixels were different, I would agree, if it was with a Gen3 9 verses a carbon 9. I use to display side and down image on Gen 2 12 touch and Gen 3 12, with 3D and they looked the same, with great detail.
    2012 Stratos 294 Evolution, Mercury 200 PROXS (1B933452)// HDS live 12, HDS Pro 10 with AT 1, HDS Carbon 12 with SS3D, point 1, sonichub2, Lowrance Ghost, and 3 Ionic lithium batteries.