Thread: Why destroy it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why destroy it?

This is why we can't have nice things.

I live next to a town park with woods and a stream. People go there to fish, swim, picnic, paddle, walk the dog, Boy Scout jamboree, or whatever floats your boat. Our daughter really enjoyed it so, in her memory, I do a fair amount of clean-up of storm and flood damage and I keep the lot clear in winter. I suppose that makes me feel a little protective of the place
    IMG_20190716_104258280_HDR.jpg

The park closes at sunset but I couldn't care less if people use it after dark. If at 10PM you want to take a pizza and a 12-pack to the old dam and have a little campfire, it doesn't disturb us at all. I'll even pick up the litter when I walk the dog. What I can't understand is why these azzhats have to then smash their beer bottles at the swimming hole and bust-up the picnic tables to burn. The area is covered with branches and dead wood and I'm sure their cell phones have flashlight functions. Used to be 4 picnic tables. Now there's only 2 and they're each missing a bench. I was wanting to install a park bench overlooking the swimming hole but the bastages would probably destroy that too.

IMG_20190716_104752797_HDR.jpg

Punks will be punks. They never seem to get caught. Same stuff happens here and it ruins it for the ones trying to enjoy it.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

Because some people are *******s

4. Member
    Inconsiderate people everywhere. Sad, very sad. The same ones then get really mad when the access is stopped.
    Praying for a Cure

Concrete is your answer. Some people are pigs, plain and simple. They might throw it next to the garbage receptacle, but seldom bother to put it in one. Our problem is the HOA playground. We used to have two B-ball nets, but one got knocked down by Jr. High punks. The HOA bought a nice picnic table, and the little shitbirds dragged it over to the one remaining net so they could run down the table, dunk the ball and hang on the rim. One time I drove by and one of them was sitting on top of the backboard. Clearly, parents don't use the ping pong paddle anymore. This last May, on "Clean-Up Day" there were three of us working at the playground, pruning, pulling weeds and picking up litter. Every one of us was over 70. Last week and a few weeks before, I spent 8+ hours (each day) on two days, power washing the sidewalk at the playground. In many places, the moss was 1/2" thick or more! Not doing it again...I just turned 74 last month. The hell with 'em!
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

It's like that everywhere now
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

You are a good samaritan sir! Hopefully those fools that are destructive will change their ways. Probably young kids.

9. Member
    I know your daughter is proud of you.

Not sure if the low lifes who do these things even know their father.

Hopefully they will grow up some day and appreciate having a nice place to enjoy even though they did nothing to preserve such a beautiful piece of nature.

10. Member
    Lack of parenting by historical standards IMO is a major contributor.
    How many of us could have behaved like this, especially in a suburban community when we were growing up?
    You Don't Know what you Don't Know until you Know.

1984 Champion 201/Yamaha 175
    1986 Ranger 390v/Yamaha 200
    2002 Viper Cobra Coosa 216/Mercury 225EFI
    2002 ProSports ProKat 2200/Twin Yamaha 150HPDIs

11. Member
    When you don't teach respect, nor discipline your children this is what you get.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

12. Member
    Not enough ass whoopins at home and in school.

13. Member
    Happens here too. We have a creek with a wonderful gravel bar and a great swimming hole. Trash everywhere.
    GETFISHED !!!

14. Member
    There are asshats everywhere. The Little Patuxent River is a tiny stream where it runs through Savage Maryland. There are beautiful pools and riffles but the jerks insist on throwing and breaking beer bottles in the stream and on the shores. If caught, which is totally unlikely, they would probably be fined $50 for littering, but the broken glass lasts for centuries.

15. Member
    Because there morons & don't care about anything , no respect they need to be caught & punished & not a slap on the hand.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    THIS!
    2017 Z521C with Evinrude G2 250 HO
    2020 RT198 with Merc 150 Pro XS

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    X2

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LOSTTEXAN View Post
    Lack of parenting by historical standards IMO is a major contributor.
    How many of us could have behaved like this, especially in a suburban community when we were growing up?
    Yep, it’s always someone else’s fault these days. My mom would have worn my ass out for misbehaving as a child. Heck, I think she would wheel her chair around and try it now LOL.

19. Member
    This is going to turn into a referendum on "millennials" and "kids these days" as if nobody born before 1983 every destroyed anything or vandalized anything. It's sad that people do things like this, but don't everybody rush out and act like it's something new.

20. Member
    I the little town I grew up in I would have gotten my butt beat for doing something like that and not just by my parents but by any adult in town. And my parents wouldn't want to try and press charges against the adult that disciplined me, they would have thanked them then punished me again at home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast