Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

New Team Tournament Trail....No Local Pros Allowed!

Saw this posted on my Facebook feed. Angler's Choice will be starting new tournament circuit in IL that will be amateurs only. The details have not been released but it should be interesting to see how it works. Anglers with a certain amount of winnings will not be allowed to fish.

AC Events.jpg

2. Member
    I'd be embarrassed to fish that circuit. Getting a check would be like getting a participation trophy.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by C0MRAD View Post
    I'd be embarrassed to fish that circuit. Getting a check would be like getting a participation trophy.
    You would only get to win once.

4. Banned
    I’d fish it, I have a working man’s job, so I can’t spend weeks prefishing lakes like some do.

So, they’re sponsoring a tournament trail where you’re not invited if you haven’t donated enough to the other anglers in other tournaments you’ve fished. If you lose enough, you can join.
    Question is, if you win too much money on their AC-AMS trail do they rescind your membership?
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

6. Member
    Weak. Who actually needs to prefish anyways. Just go out and go fishing

7. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Do good; but not too good...

Bracket racing for fishing.
    Who controls John Gill?

Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    So, they’re sponsoring a tournament trail where you’re not invited if you haven’t donated enough to the other anglers in other tournaments you’ve fished. If you lose enough, you can join.
    Question is, if you win too much money on their AC-AMS trail do they rescind your membership?
    The answer to your question Razor is yes. There is going to be an earnings limit put in place and if you reach that limit you will not be allowed to stay in the ams circuit but then encouraged to move up to the regular AC circuit.
    2018 Skeeter ZX 250
    2018 Yamaha SHO 250
    Minn Kota 112 Ultrex Link
    Lowrance Elite Ti 12 and Elite Ti 9
    Dual PP Pro Series II
    Atlas Hydraulic JP

9. Member
    Id be in. Maybe they can do it on the mississippi river pools like they used to.

10. Member
    I am guessing a pro is determined by how high an entry fee they paid in the past year.. no way to base it on total winnings

11. Banned
    I like the concept!

12. Member
    I don’t get it. Just don’t fish tournaments if you’re intimidated by other people. You’re going to catch the same fish whether they are there or not.

Nothing like punishing the guys that find the time to make themselves better.

14. Member
    Everyone is a winner kids....get your participation trophy and snow cone at the scales....this is dumbest shyt I have seen yet.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Nothing like punishing the guys that find the time to make themselves better.
    Thats exactly what this is trying to stop. I know people hate to hear "grow the sport", but there are guys that would like to try the competitive aspect of bass fishing but realize they have a lot to learn- that would be preferable if they weren't just donaters all the time. Every sport has levels of skill and leagues built around that particular level.

16. Member
    This isnt the first trail to do it. Some of the Wendsday Nighters and Sunday morning cash derbies have been doing it. I guess as long as an "amateur" takes their money its ok.

17. BBC SPONSOR
    Then the regular AC tournaments will get 8 to 12 teams because they loose the "amateur" teams.

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by C0MRAD View Post
    Isn't that what a pro would say about whatever circuit you fish?

19. Member
    Theyve had that for a few years here and it does pretty good. What's crazy is the guys winning are catching bags that would win any tournament so it's not like the competition is any less. BUT, it's a good idea to get people participating in tournaments which equals more money for tournament directors or owners.

20. BBC SPONSOR
    I would not consider Illinois to be a state loaded with any "PRO" anglers, either.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast