5 Beeps after start up

SN 2B591823

I'm getting 5 beeps intermittently after start up. It doesn't happen every time. The engine runs fine after the beeps. My dealer said he thought the engine may be sensing water in the fuel? I've been through 2 tanks of gas and it's still doing it. Any ideas?

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Need to obtain printouts of the RUN HISTORY and the FREEZE FRAME (Fault) HISTORY.

NEVER ignore the warning horn. Horn strategy is that the horn sounds ONE SEQUENCE of warnings, and then ceases (a fault is set and Engine Guardian begins "attempting" to protect the engine from damage).

Always assume that the warning horn is functioning properly, and advising you of an important situation that requires attention.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick McFaul View Post
    SN 2B591823

I'm getting 5 beeps intermittently after start up. It doesn't happen every time. The engine runs fine after the beeps. My dealer said he thought the engine may be sensing water in the fuel? I've been through 2 tanks of gas and it's still doing it. Any ideas?
    I had a fault with my new 250 Pro XS, can't remember the actual beep sequence, but it ended up being a throttle sensor. Motor ran great but one of the sensors was reading 100% throttle at all times while the other was functioning correctly according to my dealer. Was replaced in like 2 days. I'd take it in and have it looked at.
    2020 Triton 206 Allure
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4S Serial # 2B642047
    Bravo XS 22p @ 4.5" PTP
    Minn-Kota Terrova 112 w/ IPilot
    Lowrance Ti2 12" Console
    Lowrance Ti2 9" Bow
    Lowrance Point 1
    Standard Horizon GX2350S
    Shakespeare QC-8 Antenna

4. Member
    I get beeps with low voltage on startup if my big agm is drained or talons are lifting as I crank. havent counted beeps..I just flip battery switch back to my spare starting battery and restart and beeps go away.
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Folks- there are two types of warnings: SOLID TONE, and Four Beeps, Pause, Four Beeps.

Solid tone is a CRITICAL warning (ie: Shut engine off NOW).

Four Beeps, Pause, Four Beeps is a Non-Critical Warning (ie: Proceed to port safely and have engine serviced by dealer).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Problem solved.... I adjusted the hotfoot to allow the motor to idle at 600 rpms. No more alarm.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick McFaul View Post
    Problem solved.... I adjusted the hotfoot to allow the motor to idle at 600 rpms. No more alarm.
    Idle stop point should be a fixed position, hotfoot must return to that fixed position precisely and consistently each time.

Idle and WOT stop points (as well as throttle cable adjustment) need to be viewed and verified on the G3-2019 Computer Diagnostic System.

Idle speed is PCM controlled. Throttle POSITION (idle) is what is set when properly setting up hotfoot and throttle cable.