Exclamation Pulling a Tube with a Tracker?

I've got an 8 year old daughter that I'm sure would love to be pulled on a tube. Is it possible to pull one with a TXW175 and the 60hp 4 stroke? I'm not looking to set any speed records, just thought she might like pulled around some. Thoughts?

2. Member
    Can it be done, Absolutely... I have pulled tube, ski, kneeboard, and wakeboard with PT175TF 60hp 4 stroke. Skiers and wakeboarders deffinately need to know how to get up, as it wont just pop them out like a competition ski boat lol. One skier even dropped a ski and went slalom for a bit but that was on the edge if not beyond the limits, an 8 year old on a tube should not pose much of a challenge.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

3. Member
    thanks for the info I appreciate it. I didn't want to buy a tube and not be able to pull her around or hurt the outboard or boat in any way

Quote Originally Posted by R2Tracker View Post
    Can it be done, Absolutely... I have pulled tube, ski, kneeboard, and wakeboard with PT175TF 60hp 4 stroke. Skiers and wakeboarders deffinately need to know how to get up, as it wont just pop them out like a competition ski boat lol. One skier even dropped a ski and went slalom for a bit but that was on the edge if not beyond the limits, an 8 year old on a tube should not pose much of a challenge.

I pulled kids on a tube behind mine when I had it. I’d recommend one of those ball things that goes in the middle of the robe though. We couldn’t go fast enough to keep the rope out of the water.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

5. Member
    Thanks for the tip i appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    I pulled kids on a tube behind mine when I had it. I’d recommend one of those ball things that goes in the middle of the robe though. We couldn’t go fast enough to keep the rope out of the water.

6. Member
    I pull my 2 sons behind my PT 185 60hp just fine. Wondering if there is something else to use other than the strap down hooks on the back to pull with? I’m always worried of snagging the line in the prop while turning. The role does have a small float on it but I did cut and added some pool noodles to help with it but wondering if there might be other tricks.
    2005 PT 185 Special Edition
    60hp Tracker Marine
    80# Minn Kota Terrova
    Garmin Echomap UHD 93sv
    Garmin Echomap Plus 73cv

7. Member
    I forsaw this and just got the 175 Combo. 115 and came with a ski tower...You could probably mount a tower plug in the rear deck.

8. Member
    Use a ski harness off both transom eye bolts. There should be a pulley on this harness rope that connects to your ski rope in order to distribute weight across the back of the transom.
    Last edited by High Tide; 07-22-2019 at 06:56 PM.

9. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by radiogoon View Post
    I forsaw this and just got the 175 Combo. 115 and came with a ski tower...You could probably mount a tower plug in the rear deck.
    You should never pull a tube with the tower. A tube can rip it out of the boat into the face of the rider. Transom ties only.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by High Tide View Post
    Use a ski harness off both transom eye bolts. There should be a pulley on this harness rope that connects to your ski rope in order to distribute weight across the back of the transom.
    Yea I have this and just thought of trying something to keep the rope out of the prop. My pool noodle did help out a bunch though of keeping the rope on top of the water.
    2005 PT 185 Special Edition
    60hp Tracker Marine
    80# Minn Kota Terrova
    Garmin Echomap UHD 93sv
    Garmin Echomap Plus 73cv