Water pump/impeller change on 92' Johnson 200 3.0 liter

Motor is a 1992 Johnson 200, 3.0 liter limited edition

I have service manual. This is my first time doing this ever. Trying, and succeeding with your help, becoming more self sufficient. I'm a long ways from a decent marine mechanic that isn't 6 weeks behind.

I want to change the water pump/impeller on this motor. I'm buying the OEM kit, including the new housing.

Besides OEM kit, what other grease, lubricants, sealer, special tools, etc.... will I need to complete this job. Evinrude dealer is a 45 minute ride each way, and stocks most OEM "stuff" (recently discovered), so I'd like to make one trip.

Your help with this rookie is appreciated.
    1997 Lund 1900 Pro V LE. 1997 Mercury 200 hp Offshore. Terrova 80 w/ Ipilot Link

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Here is a how to from the stickies http://bassboatcentral.com/johnrudetips.htm I use Permatex Aviation adhesive/sealant from any auto parts store. The kit will come with a small packet of molylube for the driveshaft splines just don't put any on top of the driveshaft as you can hydro lock it. Pick up a tube of Triple guard grease and use some dish soap to lube the inside of the impeller cup before you install the impeller.

3. Member
    Thank you.
    1997 Lund 1900 Pro V LE. 1997 Mercury 200 hp Offshore. Terrova 80 w/ Ipilot Link