"S" terminal on solenoid not receiving power. 2001 Evinrude 225 hp

Hello,
    I am having issues with my motor not cranking. I have done a lot of work and managed to get the problem narrowed down to a relay plug that is in between my ignition switch and my starter solenoid. I have been told this is the "Delay Relay." The Yellow/Red wire leaves my ignition and goes into a relay towards the back of my motor next to the EMM module. There is power going into the Yellow/Red wire section of the relay port. I tested with a voltage meter. From there it goes through the relay into a Yellow/Blue wire then into the "S" terminal of the starter solenoid. I have no power going into the solenoid. I have power going into the relay but none coming out. I took the relay out and put it in my power trim relay port and it worked just fine since they are the same. I have tried putting 6 different relays in the port for the ignition with no success.

So i took a small wire and jumped the delay relay port to bypass needing a relay. The motor cranks over everytime no issues at all. I put the relay back in and i get no crank. Why would the relay be restricting this current flow?
    thank you!

UPDATE 2
    I plugged in the delay relay. I unplugged the EMM module and plugged it back in.

My motor cranked. My fuel Pump did not turn on. I hooked my motor up to muffs and Tried starting it to confirm the fuel pump was not working. So I went to the fuel Pump relay, unplugged it, tapped it on boat deck and plugged it back in. Fuel pump now turns on and the starter engages. As of now i am thinking the unplugging of the EMM fixed the ignition issue and the tapping on the fuel pump relay fixed the fuel pump issue.

As of now all is fixed. Thanks for all the help! I doubt it will continue to work but I will be replacing the fuel pump relay.

delay relay.jpg
    Last edited by ark50000; 07-17-2019 at 10:20 AM.

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Have you tried cleaning the relay socket with contact cleaner?

Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Have you tried cleaning the relay socket with contact cleaner?
    No i have not. I guess I assumed if the small wire bypass worked then the socket terminals should be good. Maybe somehow the relay is not making a good connection but the wire is. I will try to take apart the plug and look over the prongs. I have been looking for a replacement plug and they are impossible to find.

4. Member
    the plugs are available at boats.net
    DAVID HIGHTOWER
    CARTERSVILLE, GA.
    1998 TRITON TR-18
    EVINRUDE G2 150 HO