Thumbs Up One of my better days for smallmouth!

Great days have been few and far between for me this season. I only slightly blame the weather, it has been insanely off up here this year. But most of it is on me, just not adjusting or trying enough things. But this day, I think we did the right things in the right areas. Went up to Newfound Lake in the lakes region of New Hampshire, and found them right where we expected them to be. The bite shifted hard midday when what little breeze we had completely died off, and they switched from feeding off the bottom to feeding up, and we whacked 'em on the jerkbait to end the day.

I don't like to post every video I make, just a select few I'm happiest with on how it came out. And I know only a few of you guys actually watch them, but I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. May seem silly or whatever, but it seriously means a lot to me. So thank you all again for that continued support. Tight lines guys, and hopefully those that watch it enjoy it!

2. Member
    That's a pretty lake! I've only been there once years ago but would love to go back!

3. Banned
    Nice ones!

4. Member
    that's a nice fish

5. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    great video as usual and newfound is a great place and looks like you had a near perfect day for fishing...
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

6. Member
    Very nice and fun too I bet.
    Praying for a Cure

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by javjoe View Post
    That's a pretty lake! I've only been there once years ago but would love to go back!
    Tougher than hell to find them in August and September during the hottest temperatures (at least for me) but man oh man do I love this place. Fell in love with it 8 years ago when I first fished it, and have put in a ton of time trying to figure that place out ever since. At this point, I feel like I kind of know it now...kind of.

8. Member

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    great video as usual and newfound is a great place and looks like you had a near perfect day for fishing...
    Thanks Al! Nearly perfect, I think if we had ANY kind of wind in the afternoon, this would have been one of our best days ever. We got into some really good pre-spawn spots and had some truly big fish following our jerkbaits in the afternoon, but we just couldn't get them to commit to the bite. Probably mostly on us for not finding the right cadence, but it was also dead slick calm at that point of the day and that never helps.

10. Member

11. Member
    Very good day, and nice video. Wish it was sweater weather down here! 97 today
    2016 Bass Cat Cougar FTD
    250 Pro XS

Nice job, definitely looked like a good time
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

13. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Nice! I’d love to wear jeans and a hoodie right now! These 95+ degree days have me chasing my tail a lot. I really want to get out of Florida and fish for smallmouth!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownmaniac View Post
    Very good day, and nice video. Wish it was sweater weather down here! 97 today
    You and me both, this video was from last month, we've been locked into some grossly humid weather here too.

Quote Originally Posted by TMG View Post
    Nice job, definitely looked like a good time
    Thanks Tim!

Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    Nice! I’d love to wear jeans and a hoodie right now! These 95+ degree days have me chasing my tail a lot. I really want to get out of Florida and fish for smallmouth!
    You ever make it up this way, give me a shout and I'd be happy to get you out for some smallies.

15. Member
    Is your friends name "Dude" by chance? Liked the video and love seeing smallmouth! Your enthusiasm is infectious, good job!!

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by champ93 View Post
    Is your friends name "Dude" by chance? Liked the video and love seeing smallmouth! Your enthusiasm is infectious, good job!!
    Dude is my other best friend, has been since I was about 3 years old apparently. Force of habit + my brain shuts down during a fight = I say the same word a lot. And thank you for that last part. If I'm not giving off the vibe that I'm having the time of my life while I'm out there, then I'm not accomplishing my goal.

17. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    This is why this Ga. boy loves going to Maine for the Northern Rally ! Love catching those beautiful smallies.....the Ga/Tenn version are usually smaller anf more greenish instead of the beautiful hues of the Northerns..... Good Job !

Definitely my bucket list trip. Thanks for sharing.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmeister View Post
    This is why this Ga. boy loves going to Maine for the Northern Rally ! Love catching those beautiful smallies.....the Ga/Tenn version are usually smaller anf more greenish instead of the beautiful hues of the Northerns..... Good Job !
    I still need to make it up to one of those rallies!

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatseller View Post
    Definitely my bucket list trip. Thanks for sharing.
    You ever get up here, either I will get you out for some smallies, or I'll get you with the right people (also members here) that can get you on them!