175 TXW w/ Merc 75 HP 4-Stroke Prop Question

1st post here - Purchased a 175TXW Pro Team Tournament Edition Tracker w/ the Merc 75HP 4 -stroke which came with the stock black max prop. Running 5200rpm, 38.5 GPS with two people and gear half a tank of gas). Tried out the alumn spitfire (my brother has the same rig so I got to try this prop out without first buying it) and ran same rpm's, same weight load and 38mph gps. The difference between the two props was that with the four blade spitfire I was able to trim up a little more without any slipping (with the 3 blade not much trim before slipping) plus the 4 blade handled better in turns. I am looking to put a SS prop (3 or 4 blade) on that will give me good performance without lowering top end speed. I have been looking at Turning Point Hustler 3&4, Merc Spitfire X7, Solas and not sure what performance I will get. Also, should I pitch down to stay in the same RPM range or not (motor dat says 4500-5500)? I know there are a lot of opinions out there and want to make a one time buy and be happy because lets face it, SS is not cheap. I know most people go up in class on boats but I went down from a Stratos 294xl w/E-tec 200 (never really though about different props for this boat since it handled good and ran good with the prop that came on it). If anyone is running the 4 stroke on the 175txw please chim in with your opinions and results on your rig.

2. Banned
    Have a 17P X7 and get 42 @5700. Full gear, full fuel and 2 adults.

3. Member
    I'm wondering how that same prop would work here at and below sea level ( SE Louisiana).

4. Banned
    My lake elevation is about 400.
    Had the motor flashed. Before that, speeds and drivability were horrible with the same prop. I could barely turn 5000. The 17p black max had a little more speed when I was stock. Haven’t tried the black max after flash.

5. Member
    OK, I narrowed it down to two. Either a 12.5 x 19p spitfire or a 13.75 x 15 hustler, both props are alum not SS. I figure with the small motor alum will be fine for my needs, plus there at least 1/2 the price of SS. Any opinions of how these two props would run on my setup or which one would you go with if in my position. Plus I am not sure how much diameter changes effect RPM's. I know about pitch from what I have been reading.