Banned

what transducer and y cable

I have a 999ci hd si that uses the xhs 9 hdsi 180t transducer. on the west coast we use aluminum semi v inboard jet boats for the shallow rivers (Sacramento river) it is important to be able to maintain a depth reading while going at speed. Needless to say the transom mount xhs 9 hdsi 180t will lose the bottom at about 27mph. I have tried adjusting to no avail. so i dont believe an in hull is going to work. Is there another transducer i can use just for 2d bottom and a y cable and will the 999 recognize the other transducer instead of the 9 hdsi just for depth If so what are they? thanks
    Last edited by lfg; 07-15-2019 at 10:25 PM.

Yes you can use a separate transducer for 2D sonar/Depth.
    The connection is the 9 M SIDB Y cable.
    There is no "recognization" involved. The Y cable disconnects the 2D piezo in the SI transducer and connects the added 2D transducer in its place.
    The transom 2D transducer is the XNT 9 20.

You may want to consider the Alumaducer for shoot-thru. It is made for that application. Just has a aluminum thickness limit
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Banned
    Thanks for the answer. I had checked on the Alumaducer for shoot-thru but i remember the hull thickness max being .150 (this may be wrong ,i will recheck today) My bottom thickness is .160. It may work but am wondering being just over the max if it would work correctly. Maybe someone has experience to share on this.
    Last edited by lfg; 07-16-2019 at 12:09 PM.