Who has changed their cockpit carpet to traction pad?

So who has changed the cockpit carpet to traction pad or had traction pad installed at the factory? Like the pad over carpet? Was the install very hard to do?
    2018 Ranger 520L with Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Fitzgerald Rods
    Lews Products
    River Runner Baits

2. Member
    I'm interested as well

3. Member

I replaced the chainweave floor on a 2018 522D with a traction pad mat last winter......

In my case I used a Dewalt 20v oscillating tool with a 2-3/4 rigid scraper blade. You can see I did scratch the floor with the scraper, but it all gets covered up anyway. My chainweave would not pull up in on piece that's why I used the oscillating tool. Hopefully you will get lucky and the thing will pull out in one piece. Anyway once you get the chainweave all out you're most likely going to have a lot of glue/adhesive stuck to the floor. I tried all sorts of chemicals and mixtures.

Here's what worked the best: Completely soak the floor with WD-40 so its nice and juicy. Wait 2 hours or even over night. At this point take a plastic putty knife and the stuff should scrap off easy like jelly. (at least mine did) . The next and most important thing is to get the floor super clean. I went over it 3x with VM&P Naphtha.

As far as installing the new traction pad, I laid the new one in there to make sure it fit correctly and then started at one corner and worked my way across. Keep in mind once its down its down. (It's like a giant sicker) That's how I did mine. A safer and maybe better way to do it would be to mix a spray bottle w/5%-10% Dawn & water. Spray the floor and Mat with the soap & water mixture then when you get the pad down you will be able to slide it around and adjust it.

10 Hours later

5. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    ​Nice post, Eric. Very helpful!
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

Lay the traction pad in position with the backing still on. Get it exactly as you want it. Tape down one side so it cant move. Roll up the untaped side and lightly score the backing. Pull backing off an press into place. Work it down slow for less bubbles. Then remove backing from taped side and repeat. Once its down...its freaking down. You aint moving it.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....875&highlight=