Thread: Bow Lowrance

Bow Lowrance

Posted this a Basscat.com but didn't get any responses.

I have a 2004 Cougar FTD that the bow Lowrance power line doesn’t seem to be working.
    It came from the factory installed so I don’t know how it was installed and I am having trouble back tracing it.
    Can someone tell me where any of the connections are that I can check to see if I have power?

2. Member
    I would think that you could ohm the wires out at the terminal block on the transom. If you can't ohm anything out then you may have a connector that came loose. That would be my first guess. BCB will be along and help out. You could also call BCB and maybe get some help that way... Good luck.
    Elwood....Bass Cat Strong

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    2020 Mercury 300R 4S (1E081080)
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

We don’t see a post on the Owners Board regarding this. There is only one connection, at the console area, from the terminal block to the bow.

4. Member
    Perfect opportunity for you to direct wire it to the battery which is the best method. Or, use the dedicated harness with included block that BCB sells in the store. Just bypass the boat’s harness.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

That’s a good suggestion.

6. Member
    So there should be a terminal block at the drivers seat? I only see one back at the transom, that might be my problem.

As I remember it was controlled by the master power switch, so that would mean power goes from the battery to the switch which would go to this terminal block(That I need to find) where I am guessing anything else controlled by the switch is connected. Does it then run back to the terminal block on the transom to power stuff that runs when the master power is off?

As for direct wiring, the primary unit is already directly wired back to the battery. I only use this one when I want to look totally obnoxious... :) but it would be nice to have.