Thread: Oneida Sturgeon

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator

3. Member
    My buddy had one on through the ice this year that size. They stuck their camera down and got a clear shot of it. I've seen them jump before but never caught one

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorsin09 View Post
    My buddy had one on through the ice this year that size. They stuck their camera down and got a clear shot of it. I've seen them jump before but never caught one
    so cool, id be happy just to see them jump.. cant imagine having one hooked, no less on light ice fishing tackle

5. Member
    i have seen 3 now all in the lower niagara river all hooked bass fishing plus unfortunately one floating dead also in the same area. once talked with someone invalved with diving and fish tagging that says there are quite a few in lake ontario and the lower river

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    so cool, id be happy just to see them jump.. cant imagine having one hooked, no less on light ice fishing tackle
    The video is insane. 2 of them had actually hooked it that day and had no idea what it was....the 3rd guy a tent over says hes snagged on the bottom as they're all packing up at the end of the day. He ended up fighting it for an hour and as it gets close to the hole they start filming all you can hear is them screaming and a perfect shot of the biggest sturgeon theyve ever seen. They obviously weren't getting it through the hole but it's a great video. The paper tried to get the video from him hes just not that kinda guy doesnt like social media. They are such a cool fish!