Anybody use The Boat Shop at Lake Anna before?

My experience with this outfit is going extremely poorly. They had a lot of positive reviews and I was referred by a LKA guide, but holy cow, it's been a total shit show for me. Took from the end of March through early June to get a Hamby's and rub rail installed. The front foot and a half to two feet of the Hamby's is off to one side and it came back with gouges in the gel coat up by the front graph. I didn't notice the screwed up Hamby's install until it was home and off the trailer - couldn't see it with the bow roller in the way. Now he's had it back for 2 more weeks with no updates at all. That's the way it's been from the beginning though, unless I call, I get nothing in the way of communications.

I'm a patient person. I always give people the benefit of the doubt, to a fault sometimes. I am certain most people would have completely lost their shit by this point, and I'm nearly there. I spent the last 4 years off and on restoring this boat, and now the last two things that I decided to have a shop do have gone poorly. Just trying to figure out the discrepancy between what I was told and read, and what my actual experience as been.
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

2. Member
    Sorry to hear about your experience. Also stay away from Pro Marine Repair - total amateurs.

3. Member
    Damn.... I am sorry to hear that. I have no experience with them. Mare of aquia has been good to me.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

4. Member
    To his credit, I woke up this morning to an email from him sent at nearly 10pm last night with an update and he hopes to have it done this week.

So as long as there are no more new problems as a result of the work, fingers crossed, I might be getting it back soon.
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp