New Keypad Issue

Hello,

This past spring I had a new keypad installed in my 2007 Ranger Fisherman 619. Due to other issues the boat has been used sparingly this season. However early in the spring when it was being used it appeared to work fine. Today I couldn't get the motor to start. One of the things I notice with the keypad is that the keys seem mushy when pressed compared with the original keypad that work for many years. After pressing the key code 1,2,3,4 several times I could not get the start light to appear although the stop light and my A1 accessory light worked fine. The battery was removed and tested at a marina and it tested fine. We made the proper connections and after several attempts the motor did start. Turned the motor off along with the keypad and tried starting again and nothing. So has anyone come across similar starting issues with the new keypad?

Does anyone know if the key sequence has changed with the newer keypads?

Thanks

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Key sequence has not changed. Take it back to the dealer who installed the pad and have them test it. If defective, the pad should be replaced without charge. Spring was two months ago, here.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    I had the same issue, called Ranger, spoke with Scott, he shipped out both pads for my 621 FS. I replaced them and shipped the defective ones back to Ranger. What is the backup plan plan for starting the motor if the keypad becomes inoperable?

Mark

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Backup key switch. Unplug the start button under the dash, plug in the key switch, and turn key.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio