Ordered a new battery charger

Well, my 10 amp Guest charger has gone tango uniform on two banks, so I ordered a new one.

Should be here Wednesday. A new MK345PC I bought. Hope to get her wired up and installed this week. Will post pics when I'm doing it.

Received the Charger yesterday. Got the old Guest one removed and did some bilge area cleaning while I was in there. I also set all the batteries on the deck with the MK charger and wired everything up. Programming the unit is a no-brainer. Takes about 30 seconds. Once I plugged it in, it took about 6 hours to fully charge the batts and get them into Maintenance Mode. That let's me know that my old charger had not been doing the job very well.

I think this thing will take much better care of my batteries and pay for itself over time. I'm planning to finish the install tonight and will post a couple of pics. I'm going to make a couple of aluminum backer plates for the panel to help carry the load better (it's a plastic panel and this thing weighs about 13.5 pounds) and I'm going to use some stainless spacers to stand the unit off the panel to help with heat dissipation.

3. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    If your Guest was factory, I bet it was marginal to begin with. Mine had a ProMariner Pro Tournament 150 which is 15A total current for distributed demand that I assume was either from the factory or original dealer. After a day of fishing, it'd still be in Fast Charge mode the next morning. I replaced it with a Pro Tournament 300 (30A Distributed-on-Demand) not long after I bought it and now after a day of fishing, 4-6 hours and I'm in Float mode (green LED)

4. Member
    That 345PC should serve you well. Like mine, does it's job, no complaints.
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    If your Guest was factory, I bet it was marginal to begin with. Mine had a ProMariner Pro Tournament 150 which is 15A total current for distributed demand that I assume was either from the factory or original dealer. After a day of fishing, it'd still be in Fast Charge mode the next morning. I replaced it with a Pro Tournament 300 (30A Distributed-on-Demand) not long after I bought it and now after a day of fishing, 4-6 hours and I'm in Float mode (green LED)
    Reggie, I actually won the unit I just replaced at a team tournament on Fork I fished with Mark Perry. Won it in a ticket draw deal. It served me from about '08 to now, so I can't really complain. But I think it's been on it's way out for at least a year now so hopefully the MK does it's thing and lasts me another 10-12 years.

6. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizzou211 View Post
    Reggie, I actually won the unit I just replaced at a team tournament on Fork I fished with Mark Perry. Won it in a ticket draw deal. It served me from about '08 to now...
    Wasn't about the time of the 1st BBC Rally we had there??

Could very well have been!! Think it was in fact!!