2004 Tr21 with transom gel coat cracks. Is this normal on older tritons?

Hey guys I'm looking at an 04 Triton TR21x online and the owner says it has some stress cracks in the rear I'm guessing around the splash panel is. I haven't seen them yet but he said the boat is not hurt at all and most all older triton have these stress cracks. Anyone else know if this is the case or not?
    Lets Rock and Roll....

2. Banned
    The one I had did have them and they weren’t an issue at all.

3. Member
    Look at it and judge for yourself. Stress cracks are very common when you are dealing with glass boats. Almost all will have a few in their lifetime. Look at the gussets inside the bilge area for any real damage.
    2020 Caymas CX21 Pro
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Serial# 2B686100

4. Member
    Thanks guys I'm going to look at it and probably bring it home Friday or Saturday and was just wondering because I haven't had a triton before. I know my 03 Mood craft Stealth never had one single stress cracking in it and I have been in 7-8' waves before in it on Guntersville.
    Lets Rock and Roll....

The only time I’ve been in 7-8 foot seas, was in a 25’ open fiSherman crossing to the Bahamas. Our radar was showing what turned out to be a Coast Guard Cutter less than a mile away. The only time we had a visual was when we were BOTH on the crest of the wave.

Joe Perez
    Boatless white trash

6. Member
    You may be looking at gel coat cracks not stress cracks. My Triton has gel coat cracks but not one stress crack and I have run it in 3-4 footers. I ran it in one of the roughest areas on the east coast the Lower Potomac river for years too.

Quote Originally Posted by mdtritn21 View Post
    You may be looking at gel coat cracks not stress cracks. My Triton has gel coat cracks but not one stress crack and I have run it in 3-4 footers. I ran it in one of the roughest areas on the east coast the Lower Potomac river for years too.
    99 percent of the time when someone says stress cracks it's just gel coat. Most 15 year old boats will have these if they were used regularly.

8. Member
    2004 21X boats are the best Tritons. I had one and it had a nice crack behind the drivers seat to the rub rail. The stress crack never moved. Great boat.