Solix 12 MSI+ G2N looses 2D/DI/SI

My bow Solix 12 MSI+ G2N with the MEGA ducer mounted on my Ultrex running 3.420 looses sonar, down imaging, and side imaging several times a day out on the water. The graph still works just fine for the chart and anything else. I loose depth and the 2D/DI/SI screen is stuck on whatever image it read last. I've tried turning the sonar off, standby, etc. The ONLY thing that fixes it, is powering off the unit and then back on. It's really frustrating since I have to do this several times a day.
    2019 Phoenix 920 ProXP
    Mercury 250 4S ProXS

2. Member
    Your unit freezes? If so The most common cause is voltage issues. Wire size too small, poor connection, or weak battery.

3. Member
    Unit does not freeze.... chart, menu, settings, etc all work fine. I just have no 2D/DI/SI. I can even go through all the menus on those screens but no depth/bottom readings, it's just stuck on the last time it pinged the bottom.
    2019 Phoenix 920 ProXP
    Mercury 250 4S ProXS

4. Member
    This only happens on my bow unit. My console unit (same exact model and same exact transducer) does not loose 2D/DI/SI ever.
    2019 Phoenix 920 ProXP
    Mercury 250 4S ProXS

5. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Can you swap just the units? That way you'll be able to determine if it's related to the unit or the xducer.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatBuggy View Post
    Can you swap just the units? That way you'll be able to determine if it's related to the unit or the xducer.
    Good idea. I will swap them. I am fishing Saturday morning so I'll report back and see what happens!
    2019 Phoenix 920 ProXP
    Mercury 250 4S ProXS

7. Member
    Good idea to confirm where the problem lies. I think I understand the condition to be the sonar screen acts the same way it would when the cursor is made active? (Everything works except there is no screen update) You did not say you got a message saying pinging disabled it a could be a transducer issue but I would think an error message of some kind

8. Member
    Correct no screen update and no depth reading just the - - - on the screen. Pinging was not disabled. I even tried turning off sonar in the menu and then back on to see if it would fix it. No luck
    2019 Phoenix 920 ProXP
    Mercury 250 4S ProXS

9. Member
    For anyone who was following this ... I sent my unit back to HB. They had to fix a circuit board on the unit. All issues resolved. Cost me $0.00, and the day I dropped it off at UPS I had it back in my hands in 5 business days. Couldn't be happier with the way HB customer service handled this!
    2019 Phoenix 920 ProXP
    Mercury 250 4S ProXS

10. Member

11. Member
    My back unit which is a Solix 12 MSI Gen 2 has just started this same scenario. Did HB recommend returning?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stratoveros View Post
    My back unit which is a Solix 12 MSI Gen 2 has just started this same scenario. Did HB recommend returning?
    HB did recommend sending it to them for diagnostic. This was after I verified it wasn't the transducer by swapping my bow and console unit.
    2019 Phoenix 920 ProXP
    Mercury 250 4S ProXS

13. Member
    I've had the same problems in the past and it's always the circuit board more than likely
    2020 721 250 mercury 4 stroke