Another Rod Suggestion

The 765 worked out so good for the lipless, I figured I'd go back to the well. Don't fish the bank that often, but when I do it's usually pads or thicker grass. For swim jigs, I generally burn near the tops of pads and occasionally let it fall in holes. The Texas Rig I fish slower. For Swim jigs, I currently have two Kistlers (Helium, 76HxF and 74MHxF) and a Daemos (great swim jig rod, but don't love in thick stuff). All are awesome in semi-open water and I'm comfortable with them for Texas Rigs in the pads. But, for the swim jig rod, I don't think they're stout enough for a big fish in the thick stuff though. Correct me if I'm off-base, but my general thinking is that it takes a little more rod to drive a jig home. I tend to fish the swim jig faster though too.
    Leaning Valdivia....or FMJ, maybe Perfect Pitch w a Curado DC or Zillion (those are my two workhorses)? Most likely Valdivia, but I'm open to anything. Just want it to be strong enough to get a big fish out.

Also, for Lew....I think you're the guy that always mentions MESU swim jigs. How is the weedlessness on those?

2. Member
    I have all the megabass rods you mentioned..I don’t fish swim jigs in that heavy of grass but the Valdivia is a lot of rod. No doubt it has enough power but to me it would be too much. I use the FMJ for jigs. That rod also has a lot of power. I like some give to my swim jig rods. I use the daemos and javelin. Like I said, in moderate cover though. My concern would be pulling the jig away from the fish’s mouth.

3. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    You'll get them out with a Perfect Pitch and when you don't need it for burning a swimjig over the pads you'll have a marvelous frog rod.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

4. Banned
    I just got off a morning session and threw this combo:

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/MESU...e-MESURAP.html PerchScum

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/BioS...age-BSESS.html GreenPumpkin Pearl

And threw them on a Megabass™ Levante DevilSpec ; Daiwa™ 8 speed; 23# Braid from Japan

That is where these jigs SHINE.. The Lilypads and those Pin reeds. Where I fish there are weed harvesters so there is a lot of weeds; floating crap. The DirtyJigs (w/weedguard) and other jigs, You have to take crap off the jig because it 'catches on crap' these jigs, You just 'pop em' and snags fall off..

If You're going to cast INTO the Lilypads, I suggest the 1/4 oz. and sidearm casts, a 1/2 oz. or overhand cast there is too much 'heft' and it'll go through the frond.

These will 4wd over/through the pads and won't get stuck in the "V" where You lose distance on casts and will want to cast OVERHAND (defeat the purpose)

* If You buy a MESU™ and not like it, I'll buy it from You .. and 'No' I am not sponsored by them.. But if You like casting and retrieving and casting again, without having to take crap off Your bait(s) welp... My fingers are Copenhagen™ soaked and my medicinal herbs (smells like a sour diesel..)

5. Banned
    Thumbnail:

Keeps crap off of Your Texas Rig. You can also swap out that hook, I use a heavy duty Hayabusa coated hook for a few 1/2 oz. that I use deeper..