Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Broke Megabass rod

Today I broke my new MegaBass levante F5-72LV Diablo Spec R. It broke between the forth ad the fifth eyelt today on ahookset. This rod is new, ordered on 3/15/2019 and has caught less than a dozen fish. Has anyone else had any issues breaking this rod?

Thank you

Kevin

2. Member
    I've snapped a couple. Talk to Catherine at MB and they'll have you a new one quick. If you're the only owner, they'll replace no questions asked. Operative word there is "new." If you're the original owner, you're covered.

3. Member
    Yup Catherine is the best to deal with , she will take care of you immediately.

Just as an update Catherine is no longer handling warranty claims but please use this link and you will have no issues getting it handling quickly and efficiently. Catherine is still with MB and is amazing. That being said please have the same confidence any issues will be handles just as well. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me and i will help in any way. The link is below. Thanks

https://megabassusa.com/rod-warranty/

5. Member
    It is new,ordered on 3/15/2019 from tackle trap. I had already contacted megabass and filled out the warranty form. Was just curious if anyone else had had any issues.

Thanks for the replies

I broke two Orochi XX Diablo Spec R's (original and replacement).

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=986499

7. Member
    I bought an like new DSR XX from a guy on this board and it snapped on a hookset at almost the exact same spot. Since I bought it second hand I was SOL. Definitely a quality control issue. I have actually never had another rod break on me before in my life. Just another cost of buying a MB that you need to factor in. Even if you are the original owner, the warranty is very short compared to others

8. Member
    Thanks for the added info. I am very easy on my rods, I have only broke 3 total in my whole life. Will see how the replacement holds up

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnybass View Post
    Even if you are the original owner, the warranty is very short compared to others
    If it's a blank defect it'll break pretty early on, probably on the first hook set.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reason162 View Post
    If it's a blank defect it'll break pretty early on, probably on the first hook set.
    The original post says he caught a dozen fish and I caught multiple fish on it before it broke.

11. Member
    I broke a warhammer and two FMJ’s.

12. Banned
    Sounds like their rods aren’t very durable but that’s sometimes the trade off with sensitive rods. Great to hear that MB stands behind them. Good customer service is getting harder and harder to find these days.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrew73 View Post
    Sounds like their rods aren’t very durable but that’s sometimes the trade off with sensitive rods. Great to hear that MB stands behind them. Good customer service is getting harder and harder to find these days.

I have fished MB rods exclusively for 6-7 years. I fish lakes like Fork, Rayburn, Toledo regurlay as well as trips to Falcon. I am a shallow water power fisherman most of the time....I have yet to have durability issues with any MB series. I own a ton of them too....they impress some of the people I fish with so much that they have now started using MB rods. Not one or two people but quite a few.
    We also have some of the best CS you will find if it's ever needed.

14. Banned
    If I counted right 9 rods were claimed broken in this thread. I have never used a mb , just an observation based on a limited database.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrew73 View Post
    If I counted right 9 rods were claimed broken in this thread. I have never used a mb , just an observation based on a limited database.

For those 9 rods to be a sample size you would also need to know total MB rods sold for it to be anything other than a guess. That being said we hate to see even one rod get broken but I will reiterate our rods are plenty durable. Even moreso when you consider a ton get sold.

Also want to add that anyone is welcome to contact me if I can ever help in any way should an issue come up with a MB product. If I do not know the answer I will get that information from someone that does. I don't mind helping out at all.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    For those 9 rods to be a sample size you would also need to know total MB rods sold for it to be anything other than a guess. That being said we hate to see even one rod get broken but I will reiterate our rods are plenty durable. Even moreso when you consider a ton get sold.
    I'm no statistician but I doubt everyone who has bought a MB rod has read this post! 9 people to comment is a lot by the seat of my pants.

Like I said, my DSR was the first rod I ever owned that broke on a hookset. Maybe one of the reason MB offers such a limited warranty is that with so many broken rods, it would be too expensive to offer a warranty like Loomis or St. Croix.

Since my DSR was almost new (but I was not the original owner), I asked a dealer that most of us know on this board if I should contact MB and see if they might cover it- he said to not waste my time because they will absolutely not make any exceptions if you are not the original owner even if the rod looks brand new.

Don't get me wrong, my DSR is a great rod, maybe my all time favorite, but I am just saying that you should factor in the limited warranty and the likelihood of the rod breaking before buying one.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybass View Post
    I'm no statistician but I doubt everyone who has bought a MB rod has read this post! 9 people to comment is a lot by the seat of my pants.

Like I said, my DSR was the first rod I ever owned that broke on a hookset. Maybe one of the reason MB offers such a limited warranty is that with so many broken rods, it would be too expensive to offer a warranty like Loomis or St. Croix.

Since my DSR was almost new (but I was not the original owner), I asked a dealer that most of us know on this board if I should contact MB and see if they might cover it- he said to not waste my time because they will absolutely not make any exceptions if you are not the original owner even if the rod looks brand new.

Don't get me wrong, my DSR is a great rod, maybe my all time favorite, but I am just saying that you should factor in the limited warranty and the likelihood of the rod breaking before buying one.

19. Member
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=999491 I felt like something was not just right when i broke mine. So now i guess I will have to send the replacment in to get it exchanged.

I'm thinking they might have had the same issue on some of the Orochi XXs too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast