Thread: Tarp on ultrex

Tarp on ultrex

My buddy just bought a new 179 trx and upgraded the trolling motor to the ultrex and the new tarp does not fit. I have seen people take to an canvas shop and put a panel in to it, he is being quoted 250-300 dollars to make it work. This seems high given the tarp was only 600 bux as an option form triton. Does anyone have any experience with this and cost, options?

2. Member
    When I added a home made wedge to level the Ultrex on my 05 Tr-21X, it dropped the head of the motor 4 inches. Now the cover fits without any alterations.

3. Member
    I had to have my cover altered to fit. Upholstery shop cut & sewed in a nice panel.

4. Member
    That's strange... I have a 179TRX (2017) with an Ultrex from day 1. Ordered the cover the same time I was having it customized and rigged with my stuff when bought new at dealer.

It rides a little high but well below the rub rail.. I was going down the path of having it altered if it didn't fit but lucked out when it arrived.
    2017 Triton TRX 179
    Mercury 115 Pro XS CT (Hyrdraulic Steering/Hot Foot and Trim on Steer)
    Minn-Kota Ultrex 80 w/I-Pilot Link
    Lowrance HDS9 Carbon Bow/Console with Structure Scan 3D (Thru Hull, Structure Scan xdcr, HDI on TM) and Point-1,
    Blue Water LED boat lighting