Thread: Rule Pumps

Rule Pumps

So for some reason my 2015 521C is burning up the Rule 800 pumps like crazy, three so far this year and a couple last year. It is both of them intermittently that are failing.. Lost one last Saturday in a tournament and when i changed it to put the spare in it was Very hot but not seized when i took it out.. lost another yesterday that was already changed this year.
    Any thoughts??

2. Member
    I forgot and left the switch on manual. I forgot to throw the circuit breaker and it burnt to a crisp while sitting in my garage. There was no water to pump and friction did it in. A lesson I have not forgot. There could be a partial blockage or maybe a high amp fuse that wont blow before burn
    up.

3. mikesxpress
    Kevin do you see any plastic wear on the bottom of the pump impellers? It would look like thin white plastic that you can either remove by pulling on it or trimming it off with a knife. I've found this on multiple pumps and surprisingly they don't make any noise. The impeller is pressed onto the small shaft and they don't all get installed at the correct operating depth then they wear in. If you catch it shortly after, you can trim the worn pieces off and reinstall and they will be fine. The impeller material is sacrificial and will wear well before the pump housing.