Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Danrude View Post
    I agree! Since the PDP of that time frame are known to develop cold solder joints that can cause intermittent problems, I would concentrate on it.
    thank you so much. Was not questioning you just trying to grasp how all this is connected.

After tracing all of the wiring coming from The delay relay, I found that two of the wires went to something other than the ignition. One went to the EMM module and the other went to the Power Control Assembly. This confirmed everything you said. I appreciate you sharing the knowledge!!
    I plugged in the delay relay. I unplugged the EMM module and plugged it back in.

My motor cranked. My fuel Pump did not turn on. I hooked my motor up to muffs and Tried starting it to confirm the fuel pump was not working. So I went to the fuel Pump relay, unplugged it, tapped it on boat deck and plugged it back in. Fuel pump now turns on and the starter engages. As of now i am thinking the unplugging of the EMM fixed the ignition issue and the tapping on the fuel pump relay fixed the fuel pump issue.

As of now all is fixed. Thanks for all the help! I doubt it will continue to work but I will be replacing the fuel pump relay.

The 4 PDP relays are all the same. Swap the intermittent fuel pump relay with a trim relay.
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHORSE View Post
    The 4 PDP relays are all the same. Swap the intermittent fuel pump relay with a trim relay.
    Yes. The 4 PDP relays are the same. I am not referring to those. There is a main power relay that is right next to the delay relay back by the EMM module. The fuel pump hooks up to this main power relay. I traced the wires to it and when i remove it the fuel pump does not engage when the key is turned on. The ignition still works when the main power relay is removed.

This main power relay is not the same as the 4 relays in the PDP. It has a different model number, amperage(70amps) and much thicker metal tabs.

The delay relay, which is next to the main power relay by the EMM module, is indeed the same as the 4 relays in the PDP panel.

The power relay supplies 12 v to the PDP feeding the Fuel pump relay, bottom left relay on the PDP, and the stop ignition relay of the PDP, top left, you would loose more than the fuel pump if the power relay were bad. For what it is worth my opinion is that the fuel pump relay is intermittent or you have a cold solder joint in the PDP.
    Dan Burnette - Marietta, GA
    Triton 18TRX - 200 HO G2

The power relay supplies 12 v to the PDP feeding the Fuel pump relay, bottom left relay on the PDP, and the stop ignition relay of the PDP, top left, you would loose more than the fuel pump if the power relay were bad. For what it is worth my opinion is that the fuel pump relay is intermittent or you have a cold solder joint in the PDP.
    hey Danrude,
    So when I unplug that power relay the ignition works, power trim works and I don’t notice anything else not working other than the fuel pump. Let’s say it is a solder joint on the PDP. Where should I look? Do I have to remove the PDP?
    your opinion has helped a lot! Just trying to get my mind wrapped around this. I just don’t understand why the fuel pump would be the only thing not working when I remove the 70 amp power relay.
    Thanks!

You would remove the PDP then remove the cover on the back which will expose the circuit board. If you or someone you know is good with a soldering iron clean up the solder connections. DFI Technologies and others do repairs on them as well.
    Dan Burnette - Marietta, GA
    Triton 18TRX - 200 HO G2

You would remove the PDP then remove the cover on the back which will expose the circuit board. If you or someone you know is good with a soldering iron clean up the solder connections. DFI Technologies and others do repairs on them as well.
    Sounds good.
    Thanks for all the help. I will check the PDP solder joints if the problem returns.

8. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ark50000 View Post
    Sounds good.
    Thanks for all the help. I will check the PDP solder joints if the problem returns.
    so your problems have been resolved?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12