Thread: slow pole

slow pole

I have 2 8ft blades and both go down at the same speed but I have one that is incredibly slow on the way up? I've checked the fluid and they both appear to be full... Any experience with this? Any advice?

Thanks in advance

Greg

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    check the screens may have one thats clogged also check the condition of the fluid. when is the last time it was changed

3. Member
    gonna show my ignorance here.. They were on the boat when I got it... Have no idea what screens you are talking about and no clue about fluid changed last

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ledgeman View Post
    gonna show my ignorance here.. They were on the boat when I got it... Have no idea what screens you are talking about and no clue about fluid changed last

5. Member
    Thanks!!!! Will be doing that tomorrow afternoon!

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ledgeman View Post
    Thanks!!!! Will be doing that tomorrow afternoon!

7. Member
    update:
    took both pumps out and changed the fluid in both since I was already in there.
    The pump that seemed to be giving me issue was super gunky in the tank and very milky compared to the other which was working great and the fluid looked pretty good.
    Emptied and added the correct fluid and level. Get it all reinstalled..... time to test it out.....
    The pole that was slow is now about 2x slower than it was??????? The other pole is working just like it was....

I cleaned screens, changed fluid and installed exactly the same... It goes down same speed as other pole just incredibly slow on the way up???? I was at a loss before i started this project.. I for sure am confused now

Any thoughts?

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    check for a kink in one of the lines on that pole. confused as to why it may be twice as slow after the screen cleaning and fluid change may have to send that pum in to power pole for repair. they have a 48 hopur turn around i belive on pump rebuild and repair