Thread: Price on 198

Puddlepirate198

Price on 198

I have an 06 198 with an 06 225 proxs. It's upgraded with 2 lowrance 9 touch's gen 2's. 80lb fortrex. And new carpet. I had an injector go bad @ 820 hrs and it cost me a piston. So it's got new piston and rings with about 80hrs but there out of warranty now. It's a really clean rig black/silver. Just curious what it would be worth with the hrs that are on it thinking about upgrading if it worked out. Thanks for any input

2. Member
    Hard to say without pictures. Nada value will give you a starting point. My gut says 20-22K

3. Banned
    The motors gonna be the weak link if you disclose it. I could see low $20k’s with a healthy motor, I don’t know how much the repair will set the price back and it’s quite a few hours anyways.

I can promise you one thing, they don’t sit for sale very long.

4. Puddlepirate198
    The motors not blown. I had it rebuilt I just don't have any warranty left on the rebuil is what I meant in my post. I think it's got around 80hrs on the rebuild. It came with 1 year warranty and it's been a couple years since it happened

5. Puddlepirate198
    The motors not blown. I had it rebuilt I just don't have any warranty left on the rebuil is what I meant in my post. I think it's got around 80hrs on the rebuild. It came with 1 year warranty and it's been a couple years since it happened

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Puddle pirate 198 View Post

Understood, but most times if you just mention anything “rebuilt” guys will automatically assume the worst possible. I struggled hard when I bought my 198, 2 years ago. I paid $23k and the motor had around 380 hours. As a buyer the pessimist in me was thinking, “if this motor blows and I have to buy a new one, I’ll be $40k-$43k into a 13-15 year old boat”.

I really don’t like where the boat market has been taken, these new & used prices are insane.

7. Puddlepirate198
    Agreed. The only reason I'm considering selling is to go to a 210. But I love the size of the 198. I was interested in the 210 from Oklahoma that's on the 4sale board. I was trying to figure out if there would be any interest in a boat with this many hours. Thanks for all the input

I'd be interested if'n you decide to sell.

9. Banned
    It it’s clean, it will sale! Join Facebook and there’s several Champion boat pages, they sale fast there. Prob sale fast here too though, you already have someone interested and you haven’t even posted a picture.

10. Member
    I cant a get with grouts reasoning concerning the rebuilt motor.

Any and all motors are time bombs. So what if it blew at one point? Cant see that it matters. Sure if has been into multiple times, that is prob an issue. But, once? Don't see an issue.

That line of reasoning keeps em selling new motors for alot of times no good reason.

To the OP...sending you a pm.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FastBird View Post
    I cant a get with grouts reasoning concerning the rebuilt motor.

Any and all motors are time bombs. So what if it blew at one point? Cant see that it matters. Sure if has been into multiple times, that is prob an issue. But, once? Don't see an issue.

That line of reasoning keeps em selling new motors for alot of times no good reason.

To the OP...sending you a pm.

Take me a poll and see how many people raise an eyebrow when you mention the term “motor work”. But he’s got 800 hours anyways, one has to except it to grenade sooner rather than later. Are you going to pay the same thing for a boat with 800 hours that you would if it only had 200 hours?

OP, how many compressors have you been through? Mines on it’s 3rd.

12. Puddlepirate198
    My 198 had a compressor installed at alittle over 600hrs. Up to that point there had been no motor work done just maintenance. I understand the concern with the hours but it's a sweet rig and I'm not trying to push it on anyone. I was just trying to get an idea on the value from some champion owners. Thanks

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Puddle pirate 198 View Post
    My 198 had a compressor installed at alittle over 600hrs. Up to that point there had been no motor work done just maintenance. I understand the concern with the hours but it's a sweet rig and I'm not trying to push it on anyone. I was just trying to get an idea on the value from some champion owners. Thanks

Man that’s a great lifespan on your compressor! If I were selling mine, $18-19k would be my lowest. If it’s mint, you just might get $20k-$23k

What colors is it?

14. Member
    I bought mine 5 years ago for 20k and I thinks it’s still worth that.

15. Puddlepirate198
    Black boot/ silver sides/ white and black arrow/ white top cap with silver insert/ black console.

16. Banned
    Exactly how I’d order one: black, white & silver.

I don’t think Al charges very much to list boats here, it’s gonna sale fast, so be certain that your mind is made up.