I need real facts about the Xb2003

Currently have a gambler but the wife hates it. Im looking to try and get the best of both worlds. We both love to fish but also have kids that want to play. Im looking to find out how the xb2003 fits that bill. How they drive, fish,and make for a family boat to play. How much room for people and gear. Anyone have one that can give me some advise? Ive had a fish and ski in the past and its not even an option. Thanks

2. Member
    I had an XB2003 which had the center mounted steering wheel and tandem ( bobsled ) seating. It did have an extra removable bench seat for the rear. It took rough water really well, was very fast, and fished quite well.

Since you are likely to fish more than ski, tube, and tow inflatables I would say go for it.

A bonus is that Allison has a very fuel efficient hull.

edit: My fishing prop was a 27" Tempest on a Merc 225 Pro Max 2.5L 14" set back Sportmaster lower unit.
    Last edited by 1Holeshot; 07-15-2019 at 12:06 PM.

3. Member
    I agree with 1holeshot. The XB2003 is a very surprising performance boat. It does most all things well when combined with the correct engine.

4. Member
    Looking for one with 2 buckets and a bench seat. There is one on the for sale page that has my interest. They look small on the front deck. I understand the seating eats that up. What about rod storage? Is the seating arangements comfortable for say..4 adult size people?

5. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Look into an XB21 Prosport. It's a bigger XB2003
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

6. Member
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

7. Member
    You will love the 03 BUT if your wife doesn't like the Gambler she really won't like the 03. XB21 better choice. My two cents

I went from a 209 Gambler to an Xb2003 to a XB21 Prosport and now a XB21 Bassport.
    As you know it will be a trade off from the big front deck of a gambler to a 2003. The samller deck was OK, the hardest thing for me was rod storage and access. The wife will love the wind protection and ride of the 2003 but the 21 Prosport would be my advise for what you are describing.
    It's all about your priorities, I gave up some fishability in the 2003 for the biggest grin you can have with your clothes on.

PS: I've fished a ton of tournaments out of all of them and I'm not talking just little club tournaments. I've paid some big entry fees and won a decent amount of cash....It CAN be done !!

9. Member
    2+2

Seating arrangement is cramped with me, Wife and two kids in the back. If you want a boat to cruise in with good leg room get a center console or bow rider to cruise in and keep the Gambler to fish out of.

Had a 183gt and an outlaw, wife liked the xb2003 with two up front seating the best. I have a center steer single bucket xb03 now with either a bench or center seat in the back. She like it but misses the wind protection of two up seating, I like the center better for handling and cockpit space. We have 3 adults and a little guy all the time with no issue.

the steering wheel on my 2003 was mounted in the center of the 3 possible mounting positions.. when accompanied with the side slide seat you had the capability to put both seats up front for cold weather fishing or put them inline for summer. it also had the removable rear bench so you could seat 5, if they weren't to big.

I was recently at a boat race and had my XB21 Prosport parked next to a XB2002. I was looking at them both and it hit me that the 2002 actually had more seating area than my XB21 Prosport. I got out a tape measure and I believe it was around 10" more leg room. That is from the steering wheel to the livewell wall. It was slightly narrower. I then started opening up the compartments. From a storage perspective it was darn close in the back of the boat. The front on the other hand wasn't close. But that is where the 2003 is closer to my XB21 Prosport.

I wonder if the 2003 has the leg room of the XB21 Prosport or the 2002. My XB21 Prosport is tight in the rear.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    the steering wheel on my 2003 was mounted in the center of the 3 possible mounting positions.. when accompanied with the side slide seat you had the capability to put both seats up front for cold weather fishing or put them inline for summer. it also had the removable rear bench so you could seat 5, if they weren't to big.
    I had the exact same setup on my 1st xb03, it was really versatile

15. Member
    Xb2003 has leg room more similar to a Xb21 front to back. If you want great rear seating 2+2

With center walkways rear passengers can put legs on not sides of seat in front of them....314-323-6036 if you want photos texted