Mid 2000's Ranger Touchpads

I am looking to buy a mid to late 2000's Ranger. Never had a Ranger before. What's the scoop on the touchpads going back to this time frame of a boat. Assuming they go bad just like everything else, can replacements be found? If no replacements, what is everyone doing for a work around?
    Or should I just avoid any boats with touch pads?
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    The manufacturer/supplier for those older touch pads has gone away. Ranger is seeking a new supplier, and we hear that within a few months the pads might be available again. Until then, occasionally one pops up on eBay. Otherwise, a bypass key switch is readily available [should carry one anyway], and the other dash controls can be wired around the pad on a temporary basis. Knowing the situation, with no ironclad guarantee that touch pads will always be available, you have to make the choice that seems best for you.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    Thanks for the reply jc2bg!! Good to know that Ranger is actively seeking a fix for this and based on what I do know about Ranger, I would guess that replacements will be available. Makes me feel better about buying one with a touch pad.
    Do you have to get the bypass switch from Ranger?
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    From Ranger or a Ranger realer. They fit most engines.

5. Member
    Check Jetta Marine, board sponser

6. Member
    I purchased a new pad and brain box for my 2006 Ranger about two months ago from Ranger. Not sure if later 2000's are hard to get but this year was readily available.

7. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    What I have heard were the hardest to find years are 2003-2005.

8. Member
    I keep an eye out for threads on this subject. My boat is an 07 and over time I have changed the bow touchpad and then the console touchpad and brain. Not looking forward to the day I have another issue and find out these are not available.

9. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Would not be a bad idea to pick up a spare console touchpad when you can. If you never need it, great, and having a spare when/if you sell the boat will make it much more desirable [to anyone who knows much about these boats].

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    Would not be a bad idea to pick up a spare console touchpad when you can. If you never need it, great, and having a spare when/if you sell the boat will make it much more desirable [to anyone who knows much about these boats].
    I have a 04 521VX never had a problem with either pad. But thinking I may one day. I bought a new one for console and the front back around 2010. I carry them in the boat and luckily I have never needed them yet.
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

11. Member
    Resurrecting this thread to advise that Ranger now has the touch pads in stock. ~$350.00 is what I was told.
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

12. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Thanks for the info, M-D.

13. Member
    They have them now. Friend of mine just got one for a 05 519. It was right at four hundred bucks
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time