Panoptix shaft or barrel mount?

Do/have any of you used the barrel mount for these transducers, and if so, is interference a big problem vs a shaft mount? I've got a Terrova with a DIY shaft mount set up right now and I'm not happy with it. Id really like to go with the barrel mount so it's a bit more streamlined, but I'm concerned being right on the motor will wreak havoc, so I'd like to hear some feedback before I go out and purchase the mount.

2. Member
    Mount didn’t come with unit?

ROCK CHALK

3. Member
    I have a mount made by All aboard marine and don’t like it, the shaft of the Trolling motor gives you interference and the head of the motor my be giving me Magnetic interference. I have a 1992 Fish and ski so the 48inch shaft is not long enough to get the transducer deep enough in the water. Depending on the type of boat you have (bass) it my work for you. IMHO the best way to mount it is off to the side, it’s a lot easier to control that way. Somethings you only need to move the transducer very little to get a better picture, and if the transducer is below the bottom of the boat you can see in any direction. By the way the reason I know this is because that’s the way I had it first. You my want to check out Fishing Specialties inc. They have a nice mount, the only thing I don’t like about their mount is if you hit a stump or something underwater it my bend the shaft. Hope this helps.

I have the PS21 Transom mount, but I ordered a shaft mount with the intention of using it on a stick. I didn't like having to turn it by hand and wanted to get it on the trolling motor, so I rigged up an ugly extension that mounts on the lower shaft collar of the Terrova. The transducer is mounted about 7" forward from the trolling motor shaft, so it's hard to make small adjustments since it's so far off the rotational center. It also tends to pick up weeds. My thinking is I'd like to have everything tighter to center, but if interference will render it useless whenever the motor is on I'll stick with what I've got for now.

I’m running a PS22 and GT52 on the barrel of my Ultrex with no interference. Your older TM might be causing your issue. My older Maxxum required a separate ground wire to help eliminate interference.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,