Is the Ultra 126sv side and down imaging as good as HDS 12 Carbon?

Does anyone have experience with the HDS units and the new Ultra 126sv with a comparison of down and side imaging?

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Did not have a Carbon but had the LSS 2 on a Gen 2......at first i said that Lowrance was better even with the "older" tech. BUT that was with my 9" EC Plus unit. I have since replaced it with the 126 Ultra and really like it. Now looking at some of the pics of the newer transducers, some are pretty good.

Garmin has several different transducers that do the same so depends on what is being used you will get different results. To pin it down to say which one is the best would be hard.

I'm really liking my unit and IMO, each will have their strength and weakness.

Here are a few shots from my 126.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=991881
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I would say garmins are a better all around system( not one better than other) ,and with the new trolling motor and scope and uhd along with multiple transducers and units.I have buddies with lowrance and birds and garmins it’s a toss up and probably more brand loyalty than anything.I came from lowrance 20 years of ownership and finally went with garmins and Iam very happy today.If something better comes out in 5 years on another brand I’ll definitely get it.