Livescope and 2D sonar interference

I'm getting horrible interference on my 2D when running LiveScope......how do I correct this?

2. Member
    No one else had this issue? If I disable the LS transducer the interference goes away, but with LS on....the 2D is really unusable :(

3. Member
    Where are these two transducers mounted? Maybe a pic.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

4. Member
    The 2D sonar is in the bottom of the trolling motor nose and the panoptix on the shaft. Both run into the same unit (93sv +). If I have LS and 2D running at the same time I get vertical bars that are thick and come halfway off the bottom. I'll take a pic next time out.

When I turn off the LS ducer the 2 D is crystal clear.

5. Member
    This is quite unusual to me. I generally run several transducers and have little to no interference with the exception of the PS22 and PS30 which are on the same frequency and if I point the PS22 the same way the PS30 is shooting, quite often I will pick up some interference.

Which 2d transducer is this? If it's Garmin have you tried any of the Noise Rejection settings? When the LVS is on is the 2d Source displayed that 2d transducer or does it switch to GLS?
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

6. Member
    Whats GLS?

It'st he GT51 transducer, on CHIRP frequency but have tried a few other non-chirp frequencies and still have the interference. I'll check my noise rejection setting too. Could it be that the two transducer cables are run up the motor next to each other?

LS is awesome, the GT51 is incredibly clear and detailed.........but running both at the same time is the issue. Maybe I'll call Garmin and see what I have to do, something's not right and it could be user error :)

7. Member
    GLS is GLS10. That's the box that runs the LVS. LVS does 2d also and sometimes that source will be selected for 2d. If it does the corner of the screen will display GLS10.
    I'd say you are correct that its coming from the cables. Frequency in the water should not be an issue.

8. Member
    Thank you VERY much for your help! I'll try a few of these suggestions this weekend and see if I can fix.

love all your posts BTW, always so helpful, thanks again!

9. Member
    Garmin support didn't have much helpful info, said with the transducers on the trolling motor and that close together there will be interference. I'll play around with the settings some more tomorrow............so those with LS and 2D transducers on a trolling motor are NOT getting interference? That gives me hope I can fix this as I like having both on at the same time. LS is so narrow of a beam it misses a few fish that 2D can see.

10. Member
    I've had two other transducers on the trolling motor besides livescope and never had that issue.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

11. Member
    I'm still on factory settings ....any suggestions on which settings I may explore changing?

12. Member
    Post a screenshot of what you are talking about. Insert a memory card. When it's doing this press HOME until you see the screen flicker. That will be a few seconds.