Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Member
    Bump, let’s get this back out at Monday morning coffee

OK Guys .... We have a new development. HUMMINBIRD IS GOING TO DONATE A MEGA 360 TO WAYNE!! ... and also to Rickie. I had started a campaign on Crappie.com for Ricke.
    The expectation right now is that they should be able to get a Mega 360 to both of them by sometime in October.... ahead of the general release.

They are well aware of all the effort both of these guys put into helping other people.

So .... I am going to shut down the Go Fund Me campaign and distrubute the funds donated to them. Bill Carson had some ideas about how they might use the donataed funds and I will discuss that with Wayne and Rickie via PM.
    I know that both Wayne and Rickie are grateful for the unexpected reward from all those who have stepped up and donated to the campaigns.

Everyone give Humminbird a BIG shout out for being so generous.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

3. Member
    Hey that’s awesome, thanks again for getting this out there Bob and I can’t wait to see the pictures

4. Member
    Fantastic! As long has they are benefiting from it, after all they contribute, that's OK with me.

5. Member
    Great news ! Thanks for the update Bob. I'm sure they will find good use of the funds that will continue to benefit us all. I vote for a good bottle of bourbon !

Quote Originally Posted by DougL58 View Post
    Great news ! Thanks for the update Bob. I'm sure they will find good use of the funds that will continue to benefit us all. I vote for a good bottle of bourbon !
    It would have to be a REALLY good bottle of bourbon.

7. Member
    Congratulations, Wayne!
    Console [HELIX 10MSI G3N || HELIX 10MSI G3N]
    Bow [HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS G2N] || RC-2] || [HELIX 10MSI G4N] || [M360 UNIVERSAL MOUNT] || [Mega Live]
    ULTERRA80/US2/IPLINK-60" BT || 2xAS ETH 5PXG || Victron IP67 12V/25A || [NoCo Genius GX2440 24V/40A]
    [X2 GROUP 31] x 3 || [Battleborn 31 lithium]
    Alumacraft Voyageur 175/Yamaha VF115LA

This is great news. I can’t wait to read Wayne’s thoughts on the Mega 360. I’m glad to see Humminbird recognizing the value of Wayne.
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

That's great, That's why I have stuck with birds

10. Member
    I second that. So many, and I was one of them "expect" to have maximum results without learning or knowing how to really use these modern day units. Take them out of the box and "as seen on TV" right... Bottom line, Wayne taught me what I really didn't know, and kept me from going strictly to another brand. My Solix units are awesome! After learning how to use them via lots of assistance from Wayne, it reminded me why I left the other brand many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtom View Post
    That's great, That's why I have stuck with birds

Funds Sent !!

We had raised $1020 for Wayne when we found out Humminbird was going to donate a Mega 360 .... That was almost enough to get him one, and I am sure we would have achieved the goal if we had kept the campaign alive.

The funds have been sent to Wayne. I would like to see him use the $ for something for himself .... but the money is his to do with as he sees fit.

A big thanks to everyone who donated and showed appreciation for all Wayne does to help others.

12. Member
    Very cool. Wayne has been a big help. Most of the time, I don't even have to ask the question I have, as just looking around and find it has already been answered.

13. Member
    That’s great Humminbird is doing that, he’s deserves it, and thanks again Wayne for all you do here and several others that regularly share their knowledge

14. Member

15. Member

16. Member
    Wayne has been an incredible asset to this forum (and Humminbird), in so many ways it seems odd to me that he is not on their beta testing staff to begin with. His vast knowledge and understanding of the product makes him an invaluable person to have here. Congrats Wayne. Looking forward to you putting it thru its paces..

R

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 91reddog View Post
    Wayne has been an incredible asset to this forum (and Humminbird), in so many ways it seems odd to me that he is not on their beta testing staff to begin with. His vast knowledge and understanding of the product makes him an invaluable person to have here. Congrats Wayne. Looking forward to you putting it thru its paces..

R
    Yes, Humminbird, please let Wayne test BEFORE release, not after.

18. Member
    Good news !

Sorry to say, part of this effort never came to fruition .... Please see post #44 over here.

https://www.crappie.com/crappie/fish...60-fund-5.html

Edit: The thread I linked to above is an old thread and the GoFundMe link on that thread and the ones listed earlier in this thread are no longer active.. From Post 44 and forward are the active portions of that thread.

If you didn't see this thread when it was started .... which was over a year ago now .... it might be worth reading thru the thread so you know what it's about, but that GoFundMe page is not active now.
    Last edited by Bob B; 10-01-2020 at 07:25 PM.

20. Member
    Just saw this and tried to donate. Says not taking donations. Haven’t read all the post yet to see why.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast