Hydraulic jack plate

I bought a year old PHX21 with at 250 verado on it. It has a hydraulic jack plate on it. Would you guys give me a few examples of when to run it high, low, or in between.

i know with my old triton 20 XS (no hydraulic jack plate) I would trim all the way down for hole shot, then as she came on plane I would trim up until she sounded right.

any advice would be very much appreciated

Actaully the boat should tell you what it wants but typically low speed cruising and hole shots like the motor to be lower. Top speed is achieved by bumping the jack up very small amounts until, 1. you lose water pressure or 2. you get cavitation. You may be able to run more positive trim when you are lower and less when you are high but again, the boat will tell you this. As you develop seat time you will learn where these break off points are and develop a feel for what the boat likes. Each boat and set up is different and weight distribution will also require a different sweet spot. Now that you have finite adjustment you can dial in your ride for a given day, water condition, load, etc.. Now go play!
    2012 Ranger Z519 Comanche - Merc. 225 Pro XS - 24 Razor 4 XL/25 Tempest Plus

3. Member
    Thank you, that definitely helps