Garmin echoMAP Plus 93sv vs Lowrance Elite 9 Ti2????

I am about to buy electronics for my 1989 Ranger. I have narrowed it down to these two models. I fish mainly north Florida, most of the lakes are under 15' deep with a couple of exceptions, side imaging is very important to me. I have looked at both and like both, pricing is about the same. Which do you prefer and why? Thx

2. Member
    I would go with Garmin. I have one and it is very easy to use and has been very dependable and it has amazing regular sonar and decent quality side imaging. Also, Garmin has great customer service if you ever do have an issue.

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Would that be only 1 unit??

I've had the HDS units up to Gen 3 and swapped over last year to Garmin and havent looked back....they all have their own strengths and weakness....although both are pretty good straight out the box, Garmin does give you more settings to adjust your sonar/images pics.....

Take a look at the image pages for both and see what they have to show.....

Also, not sure how you plan on mounting the ducer(s) but both come with an all in 1 ducer (sonar/side/down). The Garmin ducer is smaller in foot print than the Lowrance so that could be a plus also its a true chirp transducer. If wanting other mouting options, you can get 2 separate ducers for the Garmin so you can have a 2d shoot thru and a imaging ducer on transom/jackplate. Also i "think" you can do the same for the Ti2 unit.

My vote is for the Garmin.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    I have both. Garmin hands down and you can add Panoptix
    2016 Bass Cat Cougar FTD
    250 Pro XS

5. Member
    For those recommending Garmin, here are the reasons I am leaning slightly Lowrance. The Elite 9 Ti2 link wirelessly, whereas Garmin you have to buy an Ethernet cable. From what I have seen, the Lowrance side and down imaging is clearer. The Lowrance is slightly more expensive......

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Yes you can link wirelessly, that i know of you can only have 2 units max networked. I personally rather have hard wired network, less that can go wrong....

With that said, you are leaning towards Lowrance, then go for it.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

7. Member
    Both are good units, I prefer the Garmins.

8. Member
    Well, just ordered two of the Elite 9 Ti2's.....Garmin makes great products, in the end, I just kept going back to the Lowrances....I think I will enjoy them...

Quote Originally Posted by agg5910 View Post
    Well, just ordered two of the Elite 9 Ti2's.....Garmin makes great products, in the end, I just kept going back to the Lowrances....I think I will enjoy them...
    Until you need customer service. Greg Hackney said it best when asked why he had only one MFD (Garmin) at the console. “He said the others guys need two because one always breaks” sorry couldn’t resist!
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

10. Member
    Congrats. They look like pretty nice units

11. Member
    I am running Garmin 93s console and bow. I haven't played with the said Lowrance models, but I will say if side imaging is the most important thing to you I would also take my chances with the Lowrance. I love my Garmins but the side and down scan with the cheaper transducer that comes with the 93s is not that impressive. 2D and Mapping are outstanding on the garmins, and the side and down scan is good enough to get me by.

12. Member
    I’ve had both. The touch screen on the Garmin is infinitely better.