Uh-Oh. Might have stayed at the dance too long

I bought a USED 2006 Suzuki with 120 hours that had been pretty abused on a wood work boat. I literally stole it because the T/T unit was destroyed by barnacles. Anyhow, it's a 175DF 4 stroke and I'm finally having an issue with about 400+ hours on it. It has never had an hourly required check by a dealer. I have hit a lot of stuff and this time I think I went too far. I just cleaned the throttle plate and was checking it out on the hose when I put it in gear and I hear some faint periodic sound like just maybe I have a damaged gear in the L/U.
    Uh oh Uh oh. Unless I can get a tech to work on it, and in the Summer it ain't likely, I'm gonna have to find a new lower unit I think, probably cost me more than the motor did.

2. Member
    SO FAR State Farm is coming through, I have their insurance and the representative says take it to a qualified repair facility and other than my $250 deductible, they will cover it.

3. Scraps
    I remember North Jersey Marine selling Suzuki's before anyone else did. This going back to the 90s.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

4. Member
    Bad news. Everybody is backed up, not that I didn't suspect it. They all say several weeks to get to it. I dropped it off yesterday, this sucks.